online bank transfer, caisse epargne

oemodm

SAUR facture just includes a RIB

I've never seen online transfer commands inside Caisse epargne portal hence asking here if anyone has ever done online transfers with them?

Emailed the Bank Manager but they are on holiday

The RIB has all the details on it. You can send your money to them from the UK or your  french account as it  will have an IBAN and Bic as well as the 'guichet'  'cles' etc etc that are part of french banking.

On my french account the transfers vers un tier, are under Mes Operations. And then there is a list.

No idea what other banks do though, but it will be similar. You will just have to rake around and find it, as it will be there somewhere. There could even be a video about doing things, my banque has such videos.

Well there you go. A reasonable question and a sarcastic response about getting the answer in French from one person. No problem as translate services are now excellent on the internet. However if someone has done it before then why not reply just giving sensible answers about how they got on and with a caveat.

Typical though with this forum at the moment, but Norm(an) is right in that posting the original site (maybe in french) protects the poster and gives the whole answer.

I realise you would prefer to go on about the middle East, but frankly there is nothing wrong with stating that in French information is available on the internet.

AND I gave the information about the terms used by my French bank. And I said that they would have to plough through their french bank website, because some things are just so! Little is easy.

As with some other posters I cannot post links from my pad, just plays up when I try. And I do post pertinent links sometimes when on my computer. But I don't always as i cannot be bothered, because I am not interested in the information required at all. When I am is quite another thing.

Morning all. Thanks for the replies. The french term for transfer noted above in the forum helped enough. There are loads of videos online but most for mobile transfers & just wanted to nail it with someone else possibly having done it. Either way, turns out to be stupidily easy. All done, thanks for the input

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, very easy:

1. Login

2. Click on the relevant account (not sure what happens if you have only the one account).

3. Click on 'virements' in the menu on left of page

4. Set up transfer (takes a couple of days and, if I remember correctly, you get an SMS/call with a code that you have to enter to authorize future payments to the specified account).

5. Wait the relevant time (2-3 days).

6. Make your transfer (as you will be able to do to this account in future without further delays).

Not saying it's not easy, as all that seems sensible and straightforward...until you get to "wait ...2-3 days"

What is it with French banks? I'm surprised if a bank transfer from my bank takes as long as a couple of hours.

[quote user=" YCCMB"]In the UK, in my experience, even new transfers are pretty much immediate. Security questions asked online and one-time codes sent by SMS are usually done instantly, and transfers go through.[/quote]

French banks are notoriously slow and laborious in ALL their activities.  I had even written to Macron in the past, suggesting that he brought the banking system up to date ...... didn't expect an answer and didn't get one[:(]

It's not just virements.  I recently went to the bank to get a quote for car insurance.  Saw a conseiller, handed over all documents, including passport.  Got my quote, set up a direct debit and thought OK, one more tedious task completed.

But, it was only "completed" in my dreams.  About 2 weeks later, I got a letter from the bank to say that, as I'd had an accident in the car (yeah, brushing our gate post and in for some body work), they couldn't insure me.  Left me about 3 days to scratch around and find another insurer.....!

What can be done?  Nothing of course, this is banking in France and AFAIK it's like this with ALL banks here.

I think you have a point, over a certain amount. I had a phone call from our bank a week or so back, needing to authenticate a cheque written by my husband for a six figure sum. That I understand, although the cheque was subsequently honoured without me providing the info they wanted as Mr Betty was in Germany and I contactable at the time. According to the bank, they start conducting checks at six figures, which isn't really an everyday sum of money.

However, I've done bank transfers when buying cars, where I've sat down with the vendor, transferred the funds on my mobile phone and had them receive those funds in their own bank account whilst we have still been sitting together. Those times have involved at least a few thousand, and clearly didn't relate to payments I was going to be making on a regular basis.

ETA: mint, you posted whilst I was replying to the previous post. I agree, French banking is laborious. As I've joked in the past, I'd have more joy getting my own money out of a bank in France with a balaclava and a sawn off shotgun.

YCCMB wrote : I agree, French banking is laborious. As I've joked in the past, I'd have more joy getting my own money out of a bank in France with a balaclava and a sawn off shotgun.

Ooh Betty .. careful what you write on t'internet ..

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7149043/Falklands-veteran-57-questioned-two-detectives-posting-tongue-cheek-tweet.html

???

Apologies : you'll have to copy and paste the link as I'm using my non-completefrance-friendly tablet ?

One plus point for having to wait two working days before making a first payment to a new person is that it avoids the trap fallen into so often in the UK apparently of people transferring money out to scammers with no oversight. If they had to wait two days it would give time to check!
It is only the first time on any payment to a third party - at least it is with Credit Agricole. After that it is instant.  The only time it has been a bit annoying was when I needed to add a new account for my daughter in Germany and had to go into the bank to set the account up - they seem to think we may not understand the way other countries's IBAN numbers are set out (they are pretty much identical in Germany)!
Mrs H.

Certainly it's important to have checks and balances to prevent fraud. My mobile banking app. flashes up a warning to try to dissuade me from making "instant" transfers and from what I understand, I can set up a transfer where the money will not instantly leave my account, but will do so at a later time which I can specify.