StateLogs

pachapapa

[quote user="NickP"]Forgive me for being thick or naive, but how did this wikileaks get hold of  what appears to be very sensitive government property? [8-)][/quote]

There are always some who have a point to make. There are government employees who have got hold of some information which the authorities would prefer to have suppressed. I'ts happened in the UK, with various MI5 etc. leaks.

The difference with wikileaks is that it's been hyped up by the press; it's the sort of material conspiracy theorists thrive.  In fact the contents of the "news" is not very much different to what is available in the public domain anyway.

Don't take too much notice; it'll all go away by new year. Alternatively, look critically at each revelation, and ask yourself "so what; what's changed?".

Apart from the detail I don't think this tells us much about America and what it really gets up to that we didn't know before. With what is already in the public domain and as history shows I think that America rather than being 'the peacekeeper' has more often or not been the aggressor.

So 2.500.000 people have access to this sensitive information. There are only two people in our house yet if I tell my other half a secret the whole village knows about it; in two days.You wouldn't think for one moment that America wanted people to know things like the Saudis want America to attack Iran would you? No I can't believe that either, but then I'm obviously naive  [Www]

[quote user="NickP"]Forgive me for being thick or naive, but how did this wikileaks get hold of  what appears to be very sensitive government property? [8-)][/quote]

Apparently some 24 year old nocount corporal with sufficient security clearance has been arrested for stealing this

information by surreptitiously burning it to a CD whilst pretending to

be listening to music. Now THAT to me is the really worrying bit [:'(]

[quote user="AnOther"][quote user="NickP"]Forgive me for being thick or naive, but how did this wikileaks get hold of  what appears to be very sensitive government property? [8-)][/quote]

Apparently some 24 year old nocount corporal with sufficient security clearance has been arrested for stealing this

information by surreptitiously burning it to a CD whilst pretending to

be listening to music. Now THAT to me is the really worrying bit [:'(]

[/quote]

What was his name?  Van der Lubbe??

[quote user="Quillan"]Apart from the detail I don't think this tells us much about America and what it really gets up to that we didn't know before. With what is already in the public domain and as history shows I think that America rather than being 'the peacekeeper' has more often or not been the aggressor.[/quote]

The confidential standpointof the Chinese on the political and strategic viability of North Korea in a South East Asian context seems to be fairly novel .

There could be a potential Taiwan play-off on the cards.

[quote user="AnOther"] Apparently some 24 year old nocount corporal with sufficient security clearance has been arrested for stealing this information by surreptitiously burning it to a CD whilst pretending to be listening to music. Now THAT to me is the really worrying bit [:'(]  [/quote]

What's even more worrying is that he was allowed to listen to Lady Gaga at work, if his job was that classified, shouldn't he have been concentrating a bit more rather than bopping along to music - and c**p music at that!

[quote user="Tony F Dordogne"]

[quote user="AnOther"] Apparently some 24 year old nocount corporal with sufficient security clearance has been arrested for stealing this information by surreptitiously burning it to a CD whilst pretending to be listening to music. Now THAT to me is the really worrying bit [:'(]  [/quote]

What's even more worrying is that he was allowed to listen to Lady Gaga at work, if his job was that classified, shouldn't he have been concentrating a bit more rather than bopping along to music - and c**p music at that!

[/quote]

No Tony he was on PRETENDING to listen to Lady Gaga, give the guy a break, it could mean the difference between lfe imprisonment and the gas chamber for bad taste as well as spying. [;-)]

But even pretending to listen to Lady Gaga should have run alarm bells surely, 24 years old, Lady Gaga fan with access to all that classified information - along with almost 2.5 million others too, there's nothing like limited access to classified documents ..........

And that's nothing like limited access to classified documents.

Interesting that Clinton et al haven't denied the truth of the content, just attacking all those who think this sort of thing should be in the public domain because people should know what's being done and said in their name.  But then democracy would be transparent, open and available to scrutinise and politicians who prevaracate, lie and dissemble 'in our names' would be seen to be what they are, self serving and self inventing things for their lackeys and acolites to do.

The American press even went as far as sending their articles about this 'leak' to the US government for their comment and didn't publish anything that would identify activists in some of the less 'democratic' countries around the world, the Wikileaks people and lawyers spent months making sure that the context and names of people at risk were edited out (why is editing or censoring now being called redacting?) so the US government are being more hypocritical than they usually are.

As Red Ken once so memorably said "If democracy worked, they'd abolish it".