Increase in Taxe fonciere

NormanH

Yes it was always on the cards. And if they start doing inspections too, I know a few people who will be in for a big surprise, having gone from a 2 bed to five bed place, by going into their lofts without a thought, or their sous sols.

Many things shocked me when I found this board, but some people's annual taxe fonciere was the same as I was paying  in a month was one of them. Which I suppose also gave to the idea of 'cheap' France at the time.

Will this make up the difference now that many are no longer paying Taxe d'hab??

The only one I’ve seen so far was 3.8%.

I remember when we filled in our form for the council soon after we moved in to our new-build apartment, we were advised by neighbours not to include the basin that we had asked the builders to install in our separate toilet as it would put our tax up.

I don’t know whether that would have been foncière or habitation though.

My foncière bill breakdown has a section called Propriétés non bâties as I am sure everyone else’s does which refers to terres agricole and terre non agricole. My garden seems to be classed as the former for some reason. Is there any reason for this, what are the advantages and disadvantages? It means that I make a small contribution to the Chambre d’ agriculture.

Beware of them getting rid of taxe fonciere, as what will they replace it with! You know what they are like with their stealth taxes.

As it is, they seem to be increasing the taxe fonciere because of the lack of revenue from the taxe d'hab.

All I ask is that when such things are stated  the person posting justifies the assertion with a reference to a reliable French source, official wherever possible, or at least from a respectable press source.
When this is not done it just starts unsubstantiated rumours.