This could only happen in England ! or am I wrong?

ericd

[quote user="Pickles"]Errr ... apparently the stunt was organised and executed in Ontario ... which was in Canada the last time I looked. Or am I missing the point?
[/quote]

It was also last time I looked at the map but a few members of the audience wear their poppy (no doubt with pride) and that gives us a clue to the location.....

...You might be right.....The hamburger menu although not easy to read has prices in what appears to be $ (therefore Canadian $) and the cleaner/singer carries his yeloow warning board that has the writting in both English and French (ie. unlikely in the UK).

There's always one to spoil the fun isn't it ?[:$]

Yesterday afternoon I went into my local Tesco and at first thought that the PA system was playing very loud Christmas muzak.

It turned out to be an impromptu choir made up from staff and customers, with two or three people playing brass instruments, singing Christmas carols.

Would that happen in France?

Sorry guys, your spending too much time looking at the ladies in the film and not whats going on around them like the sign promoting the shopping center plus there are a few shops shown I don't think we have in the UK. It was actually filmed in the Seaway Mall in Ontario, Canada. You can visit their website HERE. Canada was British once but sadly no more.

Still nice all the same and sorry if I broke any of our French members illusions about the UK.

PS.  Forgot to mention the sign behind the chap applauding at the end which says Pizza and Topping $5.00 and as far as I know it's still the £ in the UK but you never know, we might have been invaded and nobody said anything.

[quote user="ericd"]

[quote user="Pickles"]Errr ... apparently the stunt was organised and executed in Ontario ... which was in Canada the last time I looked. Or am I missing the point?
[/quote]

It was also last time I looked at the map but a few members of the audience wear their poppy (no doubt with pride) and that gives us a clue to the location.....

[/quote]

Canadians wear the poppy, same as as the  Brits

[quote user="Clarkkent"]

It turned out to be an impromptu choir made up from staff and customers, with two or three people playing brass instruments, singing Christmas carols.

Would that happen in France?

[/quote]

They don't sing christmas carols in the "open air" here, only in concerts in churches (sometimes). Yesterday I spent a happy hour (freezing cold - bobble hat and all with pompom in true English traditon) singing carols in French and English with my church group in the middle of the market, outside the post office. One person came up to say, you do not see this here, it so  much reminds me of England - she was not English - and how nice it was.  And the cafe owner (next door) came out and said, when you've finished come and have a drink on me - so it was very much appreciated, even if they don't do it themselves!!