Theft of your car number plates .Is on the increase

Frederick

It appears according to a Warning Email sent to neighbourhood watch members from our county Police more and more car number plates are being stolen off cars in drives.

The purpose so that petrol can be obtained then people can drive off without paying for it .

We are asked not to assume a missing plate has fallen off ...and advise Police

Now diesel in my area in the UK has hit 129.9p a litre in one garage and after Jan most will be 130 p or more when vat goes on ... Expect this to be more prevalent... Some people must be really worried now how they are going to afford getting to work .

My state pension? My shares?, My private pension investments?

One way or another I cant see me ever seeing a penny of it, even when I was in my 20's I felt that by the time I retired there would be nothing coming my way, its looking more and more likely to be the case.

At least having stepped off the ride I am no longer paying in to a system that I dont think will pay out, one thing is for sure when I reach retirement age, whatever it will be by then I wont be dissapointed and may even get a little surprise.

[quote user="NickP"]

[quote user="Anton Redman II"]Under a minutes per plate with a handheld battery drill when I,and the car moved from 87 to 33.[/quote]

Drills make a noise, thieves don't like noise,

[/quote]

Interestingly, Nick, one of our client companies are Forensic Experts who work with police authorities all over Europe and the Caravan Club and are involved in recovering stolen 'vans on behalf of the underwriters.

Now, so I'm told, a good touring 'van with contents is worth upwards of £30K.

Gangs are stealing these from owner's drives in the dead of night and even cutting through the sort of security bars that lock in to a steel pillar embedded in the drive and pass right under the 'van and latch into security clamps at either side.

Now that must be marginally noisy!

They then hitch 'em up and drive away!

Several bikes stolen from a store room on one of the sites I visit, bowden steel cable locks, kryptonite 1/2" solid steel shackles all too easy for a small hydraulic cutter and near silent 

[IMG]http://i701.photobucket.com/albums/ww13/picturebouquet/bikelock.jpg[/IMG]

[quote user="Théière"]Not that much noise and most rivets are only thin walled so very easy to remove.[/quote]I agree, a small battery drill will make next to no noise but a sharp blow with the palm on a small sharpened screwdriver or chisel and will often be sufficient to cut through an aluminium rivet too so use stainless steel instead, it will be much more resistant to either form of attack.