Fat Slags?

NormanH

It's clear why this was in Viz:

The UK has the highest level of obesity in Europe, and The North East also has the highest level of teenage pregnancy in the UK, which has one of the highest levels of teenage pregnancies out of the 27 countries studied....

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/uk-has-highest-level-of-obesity-in-europe-2160047.html

[quote user="NormanH"]Peeling back banana skins doesn't count..
[/quote]

Great riposte Norman!

Get yourself over to Geordieland Wooly, that will satiate your lust, when I worked up there, there were 5 women to every man.

Some rotten bugger must have had 10 all to his-self [:(]

[quote user="Hoddy"]It's clearly worse to be a fat woman than it is to be a fat man, otherwise why is the heading of this thread 'fat slags'. Bikes earlier in the week and now fat slags, what is this forum coming to ? Hoddy[/quote]

Goes with the personal comments about politicians, the attacks on Frenchie, a racist comment that had to be edited and all the thread hijacking and other nonsense.  Perhaps some of the reasons why a number of the longer-term regulars aren't posting on here too often.

[quote user="NormanH"]The North East also has the highest level of teenage pregnancy in the UK, which has one of the highest levels of teenage pregnancies out of the 27 countries studied....
[/quote]

I can't quite believe it, we in Lewisham used to have the highest teenage pregnancy in the UK. Where did it all go wrong, how could we have lost, are the girls not putting their backs into it any more?

[quote user="Tony F Dordogne"][quote user="Hoddy"]It's clearly worse to be a fat woman than it is to be a fat man, otherwise why is the heading of this thread 'fat slags'. Bikes earlier in the week and now fat slags, what is this forum coming to ? Hoddy[/quote]

Goes with the personal comments about politicians, the attacks on Frenchie, a racist comment that had to be edited and all the thread hijacking and other nonsense.  Perhaps some of the reasons why a number of the longer-term regulars aren't posting on here too often.[/quote]

Anonymity allows people to make cheap swipes at others. It is a major downside of the Internet.  I say this with a degree of sadness because one of my young daughters is at threat because of an older man who was "grooming" her on F***Book.  Interestingly, when things turned scary, one of the things that he called her was a 'slag'.

However, I truly believe that there are more people that are a force for good than bad.  Eventually, nasty Forum bullies go on their way or see the error of their ways.

Anyway, I'm off for more emergency surgery now.  And no, it's not liposuction.  [Www]  I'll be under the knife tomorrow and far away from the horrid name calling.

No need to tell you that I shall be thinking of you....

When I have a moment later today, I will send you a PM or email with my "other" phone number and address so that you can contact me if you wish to.  Alas, don't think I'll get the internet sorted till end Feb but I expect to be in the old chateau at least a day or so every week.

I think I'll have a sign made for my new (extremely modest) gate post saying "my other place is a chateau"....you know, a sort of take on the usual "my other car is a Porsch".

Kisses....[:D][kiss]

[quote user="Tony F Dordogne"]

[quote user="woolybanana"]To be honest, I did assume both sexes were concerned, Hoody.[/quote]

Slag is a particulary nasty term applied only to women in the UK, the male version is 'bloke' or 'guy', the usual sexist double standards. 

[/quote]

Not "au fait" with UK slang so assumed term was of general application, beig derived from the latin scoria, known as slag in english.

The term " dont slag me off!" is used fairly widely as an indicator of pejorative value. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slag

As a man of limited  itelligence I was not making an observation on Fiona's possible predilection for cooperation nor indeed expressing in any way vindictivenes at having been rejected by Fiona.