Julian Assange-Swedish Rape

pachapapa

The circumstances surrounding the rape case in Sweden has received little coverage in the UK press.

This week Glenn Beck, an arch right winger, on that firmly right wing Fox News analysed  the facts in some detail.

The transcript for the show in the second link is particularly informative and does no harm to the reputation of Assange.

http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2010/12/julian-assanges-unlikely-ally-glenn-beck/67748/

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,602442,00.html

I call it the American test in my business. I ask the potential guest if they watch Fox news  and if they fall about laughing I know I am OK, if they say yes then all of a sudden I am full.

"sexe par surprise" I get that, I mean the surprise when Mrs 'Q' says yes. [:D]. Mind you she has a novel method of saying no, she has a three foot by two foot bottle of Asprin she places on the bedside cabinet next to her. [:(]

Also no real surprise that with Anna Ardin's close association with Christian Social Democrats that the complaint should reappear after having been thrown out by the Prosecutor in Stockholml and where else but in that bastion of Swedish Planning Permission Corruption, the sleazy port of Göteborg.

I was surprised at her tweet on the 7th December making amorous references to a CIA member; however the link below explains more clearly the CIA link dating from the days when Anna got thrown out of Cuba, whilst doing her Master's at the Upsaala University; as a result having to continue her research in Miami, Florida.[;-)]

http://my.firedoglake.com/kirkmurphy/2010/12/04/assanges-chief-accuser-has-her-own-history-with-us-funded-anti-castro-groups-one-of-which-has-cia-ties/

All good stuff and juicy....thinks....PPP se demande....did she have it off with Nestor when she did a "stage" at the Swedish Embassy during her studies....and could it have been a threesome with Cristina...now starting to dream.[6]

[quote user="idun"]Methinks that Mr Q should inform Mrs Q that the very best and most natural cure for a headache is a very very good romp in bed.[/quote]

I did tell her but like most married women with regard to their husbands she suffers from selective deafness. [:(]

[quote user="idun"]I am obviously a very strange woman. I listen to my husband. How can I disagree with him if I don't listen to what he has to say? AND sometimes I even agree with him.[/quote][:)]I don't think that is strange at all.  Why stay married to somebody if you are not interested in their opinions (whilst not necessarily agreeing with them?) 

Sexual assault charges are one of the most difficult to disprove. The question of whether or not the act was consensual can only be settled by taking one party's word against the other's. Either way, I believe that the timing of the arrest warrants were a little too conventional, and that what wikileaks does is irrelevant to the personal life of its founder.

[quote user="Dystopia"]Sexual assault charges are one of the most difficult to disprove. The question of whether or not the act was consensual can only be settled by taking one party's word against the other's. Either way, I believe that the timing of the arrest warrants were a little too conventional, and that what wikileaks does is irrelevant to the personal life of its founder.

[/quote]

It maybe easier in this case as the accuser posted a rather positive appraisal of Julian's 'performance' on twitter after the 'incident'.  The comments were later deleted when she realised they inconsistent with her claim.  What she forgot is that web pages are cached and so can continue to be accessed long after they have been deleted.

Mrs R51

What woman throws a party for a guy who has raped her ?

James D. Caitlain, the Melbourne barrister who represented Assange in London, had this to say about Ardin:

“The women here are near to and over 30 and have international experience, some of it working in Swedish government embassies. There is no suggestion of drugs nor identity concealment. Far from it. Both women boasted of their celebrity connection to Assange after the events that they would now see him destroyed for….

The phenomena of social networking through via Internet and mobile phones constrains Swedish authorities from augmenting the evidence against Assange because it would look even less credible in the face of tweets by Anna Ardin and SMS texts by Sofia Wilen boasting of their respective conquests after the crimes.

In the case of Ardin, it is clear that she has thrown a party in Assange’s honour at her flat after the “crime” and tweeted to her followers that she is “with the world’s coolest smartest people, it’s amazing!” Go on the Internet and see for yourself. That Ardin has sought unsuccessfully to delete these exculpatory tweets from the public record should be a matter of grave concern. That she has published on the Internet a guide on how to get revenge on cheating boyfriends ever graver. The exact content of Wilen’s mobile phone texts is not yet known but their bragging and exculpatory character has been confirmed by Swedish prosecutors. Niether Wilen’s nor Ardin’s texts complain of rape.”

[quote user="Hoddy"]The case against Assange seems thin so why doesn't he go to Sweden to clear his name ? Have I missed something ? Sweden isn't exactly a banana republic and it's not my impression that they're keen to please the Americans.

Hoddy[/quote]

He has attended the proceedings, about three years ago. The charges were dropped. Now they are being brought up again.

[quote user="Dystopia"][quote user="Hoddy"]The case against Assange seems thin so why doesn't he go to Sweden to clear his name ? Have I missed something ? Sweden isn't exactly a banana republic and it's not my impression that they're keen to please the Americans. Hoddy[/quote]

He has attended the proceedings, about three years ago. The charges were dropped. Now they are being brought up again.
[/quote]

Looks like you & hoddy get your facts from the same source. A lot can happen in three years to guide a factual synthesis.

And latin or not at grammar school can have nefarious analytical side-effects.[6]