E 105 (edit should be R 105)

woolybanana

I think you mean this:

Form R85 - Getting your interest without tax taken off 

It's basically a simple self certification that you are entitled to payment of interest without deduction of UK income tax.  However, not all banks/building societies are prepared to accept them so you'd need to speak with your own. If they don't, then you can reclaim any tax paid via an annual declaration through HMRC.

Not at all Ernie, but the form seemed to apply only to residents and I was checking that it was applicable to those Brits who are not resident for tax purposes. But as you see, my banana brain has got clogged up today so I may have missed something.

R 105 is what I should have written I think.

Yes, but not too bad. But I was able to bypass the numpties in the call center who read from a script and are instructed not to pass issues up the line. Some one who i had had dealings with over years at the bank followed it up and she said it was difficult. But i had only recently left the UK, so for you it might be easier. They do try and push you to offshore accounts where they can charge higher fees. Calm obstinate persistence are the order of the day. After all the form exists for a reason, that you are entitled to receive interest gross in certain circumstances.

rgds

JFB