Viz Magazine - some advice please

Kitty

I am trying to buy a magazine subscription as a gift for a bloke (50 years old) in the UK.  I am struggling as he doesn't have many hobbies.

I have been searching for something that he might like and have come across Viz.  Not being able to open the pages of the magazine on the website, can anyone tell me if it is really rude?  What sort of person do you think likes Viz?

[quote user="Cathy"]I  What sort of person do you think likes Viz?

[/quote]

My kind of person [:D]

I love it and miss it dearly, it is rude but not X rated, very schoolboy humour but many of us never grow up, some of the characters have even had TV cartoons made, "The Fat Slags" and Roger Melly the man on the telly" to name but two.

The magazine can be quite funny in parts but I find the comic strips a bit cheesy and somewhat formulated so hardly ever read them.

As for offence the Profanisaurus  http://www.viz.co.uk/profanisaurus.html contains something to offend everyone !

I should add that I have never and would never part with money for a copy but a colleague at work frequently buys it and passes it on.

How about Private Eye http://www.private-eye.co.uk

Thanks for the idea.  For years, I subscribed to Private Eye until I moved out to France permanently.

Such a fan was I that in the days when you could open up a bank account in any name, I had an account (with a group of fellow tenants) named "E J Thribb" to pay the rent of a shared flat in Finchley High Street.

Of course it's juvenile and childish (tautology rules OK). That's why it's so brilliant. I think it was at its best in the mid-1980s, but it's still funny now.

I often buy it, along with Private Eye, to read on the ferry, A lot of people seem surprised it is still going, and ask if they can have a look.

This is an appeal.

Does anyone have one of the Sid The Sexist cartoons that clearly shows and features in the story line his Austin All-aggro that they could scan for me? 

There is one that is often parked in my road by one of the ouvrieres on the twilight shift, as it was right outside my property today I was able to see that despite being in daily use it must have been restored at some time in the past, its not a museum piece just a typical  French cosmetic tart up. It doesnt show any signs of being the guys pride and joy, quite the opposite in fact just a cheap run about.

I would love to present him with a copy of a BD featuring his car and explain to him how it is/was viewed after its heyday.