A plea from the heart

woolybanana

You have a problem don't you Wooly. I wonder where the good women are and why you haven't met one already.

A french divorced male friend of ours kept joining clubs with mixed membership, ie walking clubs, ski ing clubs, even a dog club. He said that the problem was that sex was easy to get, but not a proper relationship and that was what he wanted.

I do understand these women though, I swear if I ever find myself 'alone' I'd rather not live with a bloke again, but I would miss the intimacy. Now whether it would be possible to have a serious relationship with each retaining their own home and space, I do not know.

[quote user="idun"]You have a problem don't you Wooly. I wonder where the good women are and why you haven't met one already.[/quote]

Therein might lie the rub: I suspect dear old Wooly has already met quite a few good women in his life, but has, ultimately, found fault with every single one of them (or vice-versa)

Here is a suggestion, for what it's worth - apart from trawling meeting sites (always hit and miss): how about looking long and hard at your history Wooly, and tracking down exes and old sweethearts? I am always amazed by how many people find fulfilling relationships by contacting old friends/girlfriends/boyfriends after 30 or 40 or more years. Or when an old friendship turns into something more. There are quite a few examples of this around me, and guessing how much Wooly has been out and about, plenty of potential?

The beauty of that is some degree of shared history, so that both of you have a better idea of what you may be getting.[blink] Might save quite a bit of time.

How about that relatively new website started by the blonde property developer who goes by the surname Beeny? (I have no links or particular knowledge of it. ) but I think the premise is for friends to link up their friends. In other words avoiding the very random and impersonal nature of most dating sites. If, for example, everyone who reads the forum thought about all their single friends and Wooly, there may well be someone out there who is known to one of us (and therefore vouched for).

Wooly, it might be a help if you put together a likes/dislikes/interests list to guide us???

Going back to 5-element's old flame point, I helped organise a school reunion once, which involved tracking down people who had left school 15-20 years earlier. One bloke who had moved away many years previously, while back for the reunion bumped into the "girl" he had gone out with in the 70s. By the time of the repeat event the following year, they had ditched their partners and married.

He still blames me.

I am yet again having problems with that word 'partners'. I always say that it means nothing AND that someone's boy/man friend- girl/woman friend can simply go and marry who so ever they want the next day, well more or less, there are no ties other than a silly word that mean zilch!

If these people ditched their spouses then that would be different.

WoolyB, join the Saga Forum site, there are many women of a certain age on there with a wide variety of lifestyles, interests and backgrounds looking for somebody special.

I used to belong and even tho I'm quite clearly marked on my profile as married, I've been hit on several times by women making interesting offers. If I get that and I'm not looking, a man like you should have no problems in finding somebody interesting at least to talk to.

I'm told also that the Friends Reunited is a good place to sort out the old school chums thing and they also have a dating part too.

I used the term "partners" as I couldn't recall whether both were married at the time. Certainly one of them was. But clearly both decided they were in the wrong relationships, or that the rediscovered grass was greener.

Whether marriage means not being able to end the relationship in these circumstances is perhaps a subject for another thread.

All national newspapers have dating sites, which include people in France.  So you choose the newspaper closest to your political views and then join up.  I have two (female) friends who have found lasting friendship this way - one through the Guardian (reader, she married him) and the other through the Telegraph.

Well, thank you to the forum member who offered to come and help me out as a short term fix until I found a suitable banana mate. It was most refreshing and original, particularly the mounting of the stairs doggy style! However, to respect your decency, I won't put the fotos online as some peeps here might be a bit squeamish[6]

[quote user="woolybanana"]Well, thank you to the forum member who offered to come and help me out as a short term fix until I found a suitable banana mate. It was most refreshing and original, particularly the mounting of the stairs doggy style! However, to respect your decency, I won't put the fotos online as some peeps here might be a bit squeamish[6][/quote]

Just to add it was not me...... honest. [:D]

[quote user="Quillan"]

[quote user="woolybanana"]Well, thank you to the forum member who offered to come and help me out as a short term fix until I found a suitable banana mate. It was most refreshing and original, particularly the mounting of the stairs doggy style! However, to respect your decency, I won't put the fotos online as some peeps here might be a bit squeamish[6][/quote]

Just to add it was not me...... honest. [:D]

[/quote]

[:D] [:D] [:D]

Twas a few years ago now... but me and greyman met on a blind date [:$]

• 1 month later...

Thank you for the thought, britgirl. I shall forever see myself as a gorilla shaped banana.

I signed up for a dating site where there were indeed a number of delightful ladies; most of them seemed top want to climb Machu Picchu or were apparently totally happy with their lives but wanted a guy as an add on, or a cherry on the cake. I can't transpose from banana to cherry however!

Thus far, no luck therefore. But we keep trying.