problems setting up "Espace Particulier" on impots.gouv

Keelstow

I was wrongly billed for television tax recently, despite having filled in a declaration for the last 15yrs, and tried to resolve it through the suggested "Espace Particulier"

The trouble is when I try to set up a login using our numero fiscal an error message is generated telling us that

"Pour créer votre espace particulier, vous devez préalablement fournir à votre centre des Finances publiques . des éléments permettant de prouver votre identité."

with time running out I've tried directly emailing the local tax office, having already written them a letter explaining the TV tax the situation, two weeks back, but still await a reply. even though they have cashed the cheque enclosed for the Habitation element of the bill , Now I fear I strict penalties if the total(still showing in full on the web site) is not paid by the 16th dec.!

anybody else had problems accessing an Espace Particulier?

martin

I've never filled in a french tax declaration as our status is just summer residence with nothing to initiate a tax return so probably not getting the online number, which apparently changes every year, that others may may use.

this site documents the error message and the invitation to contact your tax office

https://www.impots.gouv.fr/portail/particulier/questions/comment-creer-votre-espace-particulier-pour-declarer-en-ligne

that as far as I'm getting as they fail to respond so I will just keep a record of my messages and perhaps contact regional office to see if they can help

edit I notice from the link that one of the options is to go to the local tax office to verify one;s identity! That will have to wait till easter