France Individual form

sid

In order to reclaim some income tax paid in UK in need to complete a "France Individual" form.

I've found 2 versions, but I wasn't aware that there had been any changes.

The familiar one is called "Form France-Individual" with ref (SI 2009 Number 226), it's 17 pages long, and is in 2 parts, English and French dated Jan 2014.

The other is called "Form France Individual DT" (presumably for Double Taxation) and is only 4 pages long in English only. The form ref at the bottom of the page is HMRC 01/20 suggesting that this is a new version.

As it's only in English will it be accepted at the local tax office? Online I can't find any other reference to a new form.

I can phone HMRC next week but if anyone has completed and actioned the new version I'd appreciate hearing how it went at the tax office, please. Or indeed if you have taken the old version to the tax office this year and it's been accepted.

I've answered my own question!

I rang HMRC this morning on the off chance that there might be someone on duty on Saturday morning, and indeed there was.

The form has been updated (Jan 2020) and is now simpler and shorter, but it is all in English. The notes (separate pdf) refer only to the new form.

The old form is still acceptable. The suggestion from the helpline is to use the new form but to take a copy of the old one along to the local tax office; if there is a problem, for example they refuse to recognise the new one, you can fill in the old version (whilst politely suggesting that they contact HMRC, which obviously they'll be happy to do... I don't think!).

So, a bit more work but there's only a few boxes to complete for my particular claim, it's just the amount of paper required that's annoying.