2020 declaration online

slowfox05

Being simple folk we only have 5 figures to fill in which we've done like this:

• our UK government pensions on 2042, 1AL & 1BL.
  • our UK OAP on 2042 1AM & 1BM and 2047 line 11

• our UK rental income + gross government pensions on 2042, 8TK and 2047 Section 6

Should we tick boxes 8SH & 8SI because we are UK state

OAPs and our health is covered by the UK?

We have also filled in 3916 with our UK bank accounts.

Does anyone agree with what we've done?

Thanks.

Yes you should tick 8SH & 8SI if you are in receipt of an S1 via your state OAP.

Can't answer the other questions as I don't have a gov. pension or rental income but it sounds right. Hopefully someone will come along and confirm for you.

You should tick:-

20P if you want investment income taxed together with other income on the standard scale rather than fixed rates, if this is to your advantage. (Default is fixed rates)

8UU if you have any bank or investment accounts outside France

8RP/8RQ to indicate you have no French Social Security cover. This is also covered by the boxes below, but I ticked it anyway.

8SH/8SI to indicate you have other cover from another country and not from France.

[quote user="Doodle"]Would this be of any help?

http://bh-assurances.fr/en/practical-informations/how-to-declare-your-tax-online/[/quote]

That is very useful, provided they update it each year, as the numbers on the boxes change from time to time.

2OP is a bit more complicated than just the standard scales or fixed rate of tax. If you opt for the tax scales by ticking 2OP you get a 40% discount on dividend income for both the tax and social charge (but not interest income) whereas with the fixed rate (12.8%) you don't. But, unless you are in the 30% band, ticking 2OP will probably be the correct choice.

You need to report more than just foreign bank accounts on form 3916. It is for all cash and investment accounts so includes life insurance, National Savings, money transfer accounts, self-administered private pensions, etc. even if they have a zero balance. You also need to use the form to indicate you have closed an account. There is more on coverage in the notes which go with 3916. This is a version in English https://www.impots.gouv.fr/portail/international-particulier/questions/declaring-foreign-bank-accounts-and-life-insurance-policies-held

I think BinB meant to say they should be declared on 2047,

section 6, totalled in the space provided, and then transferred to the box 8TK

on the 2042C, as noted in the small box in the column labelled “REPORT 2042C”

If you are making the return on line these figures may be

transferred automatically if you click the “REPORT” button when you reach the

end of the 2047, although I have found that this is not the case for all 2047 entries, so you should check.

You should complete the 2047 before the 2042

series of forms.

If doing the return on line, only the relevant sections of

the 2042 series of forms appears, as selected at the beginning of the process.

Yes, last year she forgot to include a ref to 2OP but did send an email a few days later with the info. This year I see that she hasn't changed the year from 2018 to 2019 but having been doing mine on line bit by bit all else seems to be the same.

That's all really useful, thanks everyone.  We're filing online  and can't find where to put "revenus de pensions de retraite Britainniques de €XXX exempt de CSG et CRDS parce que je ne suis pas a la charge de l'assurance maladie Francaise" to make sure we don't get stung for CSG.

The paper form used to have a notes section.

On form 2047 under 1. Traitements Salaires, Pensions et Rentes Imposable en France go to item number 11 Pensions, Retraites, Rentes and under the heading Pensions, Retraites complete pays d'origine ie Royaume Uni then the boxes next to it under the heading Nature Du Revenu Public Prive both need to be ticked then complete the Revenu En Euros (a line for both of you presuming there is two of you). Complete you box for your interest etc (2TR for me but may not be for you depending on your interest) 2OP is on form 2042 a bit further down from the 2TR box tick the box if it applies to you. On the 2042 which comes under Divers and you will find the 8UU to indicate you have foreign accounts then on the following page where you enter your total income for both of you in the box you need ie 8TV etc you will see below the boxes 8SH and 8SI which you must tick as you are on an S1 and so not to incur the Prev Soc charges on your pension income. Hope this makes sense (as I'm doing it from memory) and haven't totally misunderstood what you are asking!

[quote user="BritinBretagne"]I notice Nomoss needed to repeat my post but then went on about 2042C. Given the thread’s title I presumed that the OP was making an online declaration. :)[/quote]

Previously

[quote user="BritinBretagne"]I think you are wrong about your government

pensions. They need to be declared on the 2047 as foreign income, 1AL

and transferred to 8TK which is then updated to the 2042.[/quote]

Sorry you choose to take offence at something you seem to interpret as criticism.

I didn't repeat your post, I corrected a couple of presumably inadvertent errors which could be confusing.

There is no box 1AL on the 2047, and no box 8TK either, although there is a note on the 2047 indicating that the amount should be transferred to that box on the 2042C.

I didn't "go on" about the 2042C, that is the form on which those entries are made, although only parts of it appear when making the declaration on line.

I realise that the OP was making their declaration on line, but several people who are posting in other threads, and possibly reading this one, are making theirs on paper, so will need the correct forms.

I have saved blank copies of the relevant forms for this year, and copied my figures onto them so I have a full record, as the on line record of my completed return shows only a summary, and not the all the pages of the forms I completed.

Just 1 concern that seems different from before and that is we have nothing in section 11 of the first page of 2047; should we have put our UK OAPs there?
The first page didn't appear so maybe we missed ticking a box earlier?
Thanks again.

[quote user="slowfox05"]
Just 1 concern that seems different from before and that is we have nothing in section 11 of the first page of 2047; should we have put our UK OAPs there?
The first page didn't appear so maybe we missed ticking a box earlier?
Thanks again.

[/quote]

Yes.

You can go on line and correct your declaration. Just go to your declaration, click on "Corriger", go through step by step, and make sure you select 2047 when you get to the list of extra forms.

We had 2047 but have only filled in Section 6 with our UK rent and UK government pensions, we didn't get the Section 1, line 11 that we've filled entered figures in on previous declarations.

I'm only too familiar with the Corriger tab I'm afraid!

[quote user="slowfox05"]
We had 2047 but have only filled in Section 6 with our UK rent and UK government pensions, we didn't get the Section 1, line 11 that we've filled entered figures in on previous declarations.

I'm only too familiar with the Corriger tab I'm afraid!

[/quote]

I'm not going back there again, but, as I recall, I asked for 2047, or stated we had income from outside France, and the entire form was available.

Finally sorted, to get Section 1 and thus line 11, at the start of 2047 you have to tick pensions, rentes etc imposable in France

That gives you 1/11 tick prive, write RU and enter amount.....it's a doddle.

Apero hour looms.  Many thanks to all.

[quote user="slowfox05"]
Finally sorted, to get Section 1 and thus line 11, at the start of 2047 you have to tick pensions, rentes etc imposable in France

That gives you 1/11 tick prive, write RU and enter amount.....it's a doddle.

Apero hour looms.  Many thanks to all.[/quote]

It's so much simpler on line, isn't it? [:D]

In a nutshell,
  • 2042 1AM/BM UK OAP
  • 8SH/SI Ticked if you have a UK OAP and are covered for health by S1
  • 2047 To get Section 1 and thus line 11, at the start of 2047 you have to tick pensions, rentes etc imposable in France that gives you 1/11 tick prive, write RU and enter amount.
  • 2047 Section 6 UK rental income and government pension the total transferred to 8TK
It's as simple as that!

Not quite correct for some. Government pensions go in 1AL/1BL.

On 2047 Section 1 you should add private+OAP and Government pensions together and declare them, ticking Public if there is Government pension and prive if there is OAP etc.. However as far as I am aware, those figures are not transferred anywhere as one year I made a mistake on 2047 and the figures were not the same as on those on 2042. Like most figures on 2047, they are only their as an aid to calculating the few results which are transferred to 2042 and actually used to calculate the tax liability. I suspect 2047 is only really reviewed if there is something significant the tax office wants to check.