'Which' Online Reports

Quillan

[quote user="Iceni"]

Or you could pay £1 and register for a month - sufficient time ?

John

[/quote]

Tried that, they wanted a UK address and I don't have one. [:(] They also won't take a French bank card or perhaps it was the mixture of the two, anyway it does not work.

Thanks RH.

Our Indesit has lasted three years and it's knackered but then it gets used anywhere between four and six times a day in season. I am in two minds to either go with a cheap, when it's knackered through it in the bin job or something a bit better and home I get longer use and it washes better. I just saw my dream machine, washes in two minutes, comes from Italy and costs nearly two grand. I don't think Mrs Q will go for that. [:(]

Anyway, any other inputs welcome and thank you very much RH for the email, it worked a dream.

Wooly, how can you tell where something is really manufactured?

I have AEG's, Bosch, and Siemens washers and dishwashers and a Siemens dryer 'best I have ever had incidentally). All german, so I was told, but I don't really know if they are.

[quote user="woolybanana"]Get it direst from Germany[/quote]

Guest arbiter and branding common for everything except cars. Well upset a Merc dealer in Essen last time I was there by saying if I wanted a very well engineered car that could stand 1,000,000 of miles on German roads and looked like a taxi I would save € 15000 and buy an Opel

LOL I have never been to Germany that much. I have bought some good things in Germany though, even the things where I later found little labels saying,  'made in china', always thought that the chinese had to make better stuff for Germany[:)].

I have only ever bought electro menager in France or the UK to date.

[quote user="woolybanana"]Get a Miele, but a German one, not an export model![/quote]

Funny enough some information I got hold of had Miele as the top three. Very expensive in the UK, between £800 and £900, the biggest shock was when I found the same models on French websites. Even with large discounts they were in the 1,400 t 1,500 Euros price range. I was wondering if they might give me one to test? [;-)]

No, sorry I dont, and whats more I can't see how it would work any better.

Have you considered the type that take up the space of a 'normal' dishwasher, but actually is two smaller ones. A friend has one of these and loves it, but I'm not sure if the individual capacity's would work for you.

I believe the idea of having a draw at the top for cutlery is that it does not take up space in the bottom so you can get more in. I know a times I take the basket out to do this depending on what I am washing. These top draw ones seem to take 14 place settings as opposed to 10 or, the more normal, 12. Of course this is only all the tableware and does not include pots, pans and other kitchen equipment you might use which is why we have two machines.  I would love somebody to make the type you friend has got but in a double width model (120cm  wide rasther than 60cm) so you can put your pots and pans in one side and the tableware in the other but also can use just one side if you wish, that would be handy.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote user="Quillan"]Does anyone have a dishwasher with a draw at the top for cutlery rather than a basket and if so is it a good or bad thing?[/quote]

Neff (excellent) do one with a 'Variodrawer' this maybe what you are looking for.

Quillan" My daughter  has a Miele dishwasher which has a drawer at the top instead of a basket - it is brilliant and holds a lot more cutlery without it getting so mixed together that it does not get clean.  She is in Germany so dishwasher bought there.

Mrs H