Baby Rebecca

Gardengirl

I know from personal experience just how supportive members of this forum can be. So I'm asking for your thoughts for our baby grand-daughter our first grandchild. You don't even need to post here - just your thoughts will do. Her name is Rebecca Louise, and she was born just before midnight last Thursday night. We haven't been able to visit her yet, as she had a seizure just before the first visiting time yesterday afternoon, as we were setting out with cards, flowers etc.

She was revived, and is being monitored on the special baby unit, but had another seizure during the night. We're hoping to visit Rebecca this afternoon. We have photos of her that our son took at 15 minutes old, and then later in the incubator. She's gorgeous.

Thank goodness she's in a very good hospital.

My thoughts are with you.  Baby units are special places filled with love and hope - I speak from personal experience.  Everyone is in it together and so lifelong friendships are formed.  Most have bedrooms nearby where you can stay.

Friends of the units knit little hats and mitts and blankets that you keep because they cannot be used by anyone else (unless rules have changed in the last 12 years) so if you feel helpless, get the knitting needles out.  It is therapeutic.

Much better news to report! Rebecca came out of the incubator earlier today, then out of the special care baby unit this afternoon. She is still having tests and is also still having antibiotics in case it was an infection. Still some concerns, but no more episodes of stopping breathing. She and Mum are in till at least Tuesday, as Mum’s blood pressure is still very high. [:)][:)]

We Grandparents had our first cuddles, and it was so lovely; so many photos taken by us and her uncle!

I’d like to thank everyone for their kind thoughts, posts, PMs and emails – they were all so comforting!  [:)][:)]