Question for Nationwide Account Holders, please

mint

I don't know the answer, but will ask one of the anonymous call centre folk if you like. But it might not be very quick as I don't see her very often, now she's in her 20's she doesn't find her uncles company as appealing as she used to. (They are still based in the UK by the way, at least I think they are, if not she's got a long commute to work each day!)

You know, JohnM, I considered, momentarily, ringing up and asking for JohnM's niece but I guess that wouldn't have worked anyway![:D]

On the plus side, you seem able to transfer £1000 as many times as you have thousands in your current account.  I remember once transferring 56 times £1000 from OH's account to mine because I was too mean to pay the £25.  Took me forever, inputting the card into the card reader and then inputting the codes that came up!

I still reckoned that half an hour's "work" was deffo worth £25 to me!

[quote user="Hereford"]Having done two transfer in the last few days the answer seems to be:  1,000 limit for "faster payments:, 1001 up to 5,000 goes by BACS (but is free and takes 2 to 4 days) over that it needs a transfer done by them and costs 25 pounds.

Hope this helps

Mrs H

[/quote]

There is a limit of £5,000 on "in branch" transfers. Therefore if you need to trasfer more than £5,000 you need to go into the branch on consecutive days until you've reached the amount you want to transfer.

The limit on debit card payments which you can make on line is £10,000 so all in all unless you're prepared to follow sweet's method you're st*ffed.

Nationwide and I, after many years, are shortly parting company.

Hereford, I don't quite understand your post.

Are you registered for on-line banking?  If so, why can't you set up a one-off payment and pay HIFX by debit card from your computer?

We do not have a UK address and I use my debit card to pay credit card bills and so on.