S1 form and social charges

Manon

Please forgive me if this is very obvious to most of you ! We have been resident in France for 10 years as early retirees and I will finally receive my state pension this month. All our income is UK based including rental from a flat we own and some share income. I know I need to take the S1 to the local health office but do I need to register it with the tax authorities as well in order to stop the charges ( hope springs eternal ! )

Thank you for any advice.

The tax authorities can see the social services databases so no need to register separately.

As a holder of an S1, there is 8SH/SI on the French tax web page (or form 2042-C) to tick to get reduced charges on the investment income:

Revenus du patrimoine exonérés de CSG et de CRDS

Vous relevez d’un régime d’assurance maladie d’un État de l’Espace économique européen ou de la Suisse et vous n’êtes pas à la charge d’un régime obligatoire de sécurité sociale français.

You need to declare all your pension incomes, investment and your rental incomes (even though hat is not taxed) in order they can work out your tax rate band and revenu fiscal de référence (RFR).

[quote user="pomme"]The tax authorities can see the social services databases so no need to register separately.

As a holder of an S1, there is 8SH/SI on the French tax web page (or form 2042-C) to tick to get reduced charges on the investment income:

Revenus du patrimoine exonérés de CSG et de CRDS

Vous relevez d’un régime d’assurance maladie d’un État de l’Espace économique européen ou de la Suisse et vous n’êtes pas à la charge d’un régime obligatoire de sécurité sociale français.

You need to declare all your pension incomes, investment and your rental incomes (even though hat is not taxed) in order they can work out your tax rate band and revenu fiscal de référence (RFR).[/quote]

There are also boxes 8RP/RQ - Vous n’êtes pas à la charge d’un régime obligatoire de sécurité sociale français, which is almost the same as above, maybe for people who have private or non-EU based health insurance, but I ticked those as well, just to be safe.

The full 2020 tax brochure pratique https://tinyurl.com/yc69bavh explains 8RP/8RQ:

NON AFFILIATION À UN RÉGIME FRANÇAIS D'ASSURANCE MALADIE

La CSG et la CRDS sur les revenus d'activité ainsi que la contribution salariale de 10 % applicables aux gains de levée d'options et aux gains d'acquisition d'actions gratuites imposés selon les règles

des traitements et salaires sont dues par les contribuables affiliés à un régime obligatoire français d'assurance maladie.

Si vous ne relevez pas d'un régime obligatoire français d'assurance maladie, cochez la case 8RP ou 8RQ. Les revenus déclarés case 1TT ou 1UT ne seront pas soumis aux contributions sociales (CSG, CRDS, contribution salariale).

and 1TT/1UT are only for

Gains de levée d'options attribuées à compter du 28.9.2012 ; gains d'acquisition d'actions gratuites attribuées à compter du 28.9.2012 sur décision prise au plus tard le 7.8.2015 ; gains d'acquisition d'actions gratuites attribuées sur décision prise à compter du 31.12.2016 pour leur fraction excédant 300 000 €

So I don't think 8RP/8RQ are of relevance to many of us!