Insurance for UK house

Blodwyn

I know it's not really French finance, but I do live in France.

I rent out the little UK house I used to live in. I have landlord's insurance though I only let to friends. I recently contacted my insurer to ask whether I'd be covered for water leaking through the bathroom floor into the kitchen. The reply was 'Can you send a copy of your schedule?' Surely they should have a record of my policy? Anyway, I wondered if there was another company I could switch to. Friends use Axa but they won't insure me as I don't live in the UK. Does anyone know of a reliable provider of insurance for a UK house with the landlord living in France ?

Hi Blodwyn, you could try "Just Landlords". It's a reasonable premium and it doesn't get hiked year on year. A friend of mine rents out a chalet in Wales to a permanent tenant and his renewal for next year which by sheer coincidence arrived today, is £178, it was recommended to him by his letting agency. He's never made claim so can't comment on that but he says they're quick to reply to emails and they answer the phone promptly. And they've never told him to send a copy of his schedule when he asks them a question! However he does live in Wales so I don't know if you living in France would be an issue.

I can't do links you will have to copy and paste I'm afraid https://www.justlandlords.co.uk

EDIT just coming back on this because he tried to phone them yesterday and got a recorded message saying that they are all working from home and can't answer queries on the phone, please use the website! so, ignore the bit about how quickly they answer the phone.