Social Charges - here we go again!

Evianers

I am wondering whether it would be too much to ask juswundrin and isitlunchtime to say which département/s they live in?

If I knew, I could say well the people living in départements X and Y have had their refunds and why is it I haven't had mine?

Now I realise that you might think this kind of question is sensitive and you might not want to share that info on an open forum.

It would be a help to me in that case if you could perhaps PM me?

Thank you in advance and I do understand if you do not wish to take up my suggestion[:)]

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mint's right as regards which department .. as it does make a difference.

Here, in 56, we declare our taxes last and so receive our avis last etc etc.

So it comes as no surprise that we are still waiting for any action on our rebates or even the courtesy of a reply.

Not sure I concur.

A national decision was finally made and transmitted to the relevant body in each department.

They in turn assess the validity of the claims and pass on to local offices to implement the refunds.

No reason I see why it would spin out in the way you suggest.

Have you got any useful responses/reference numbers? It went to the departmental juridique office and I got hold of them.

Using the reference number you’ve hopefully had for each claim seems to ease communications hugely.

Good luck

Isitlunchtime wrote : Using the reference number you’ve hopefully had for each claim seems to ease communications hugely.

I would need to check on that as the only reply I have had has been cursery one saying that the matter is under discussion and will be acted upon as and when.

Will need to check re reference numbers.

isitlunchtime, that is immensely helpful, thanks again.

So as not to  IMPLICATE you ([:D]), I will have a scout round the site you mention.  You are right in that it's better whenever and wherever possible to speak to the butcher and not the block! 

Just got good news. Inspector at local office rang me, left a VM and sent an email to say they have my cheque and would I like to come collect as it’ll be quicker than them posting. Also they’ve calculated the interest on all three amounts and will be transferring directly to our bank account.. I must’ve done something right (in a previous life)...

So in case it helps

I submitted claims originally via secure message on impôt website.

Eventually got messages to say it had been sent to the juridique people in Nîmes to assess. Crucially I was given contact details and three reference numbers.

After that I contacted Nîmes directly (not website) and was told my up to three different people replying to one mail, that my claims had been verified but that they were waiting on national team to give instructions.

This duly happened end of summer and now by combo of emails to both department and local I have a result.

There is no reason they would hang on to your money, ONCE your claim is verified.

If I can be of any assistance don’t hesitate.

We sent a "what's going on?" email to the DGFIP in Annecy (74) on 4th October but got no reply. Today we sent a follow up email and have received the following response (translated from the French):

"Following your message below, I inform you that your request is registered in our service.

Concerning the processing times, we have a lot of delay due to the influx of claims.

Nevertheless, I tell you that we are doing everything possible to reduce the backlog.

In addition, we may be required to contact you again when processing your file for possible additional information."

No surprise there then and it could just be a standard "delay and contain" tactic.

Still, there may be a Christmas present coming, even if it is our own money....

We live in hope!

Well, maybe I live in a less popular area for claimants??

I can't blooming believe it - they've now just sent a breakdown of interest and I tell you what, it's a lot more than you'd get in a bank deposit account.

10% For the 2015, paid in 2016

6.4% for the following year paid in 2017

3.85% on the amount paid in 2018

I know I'm dreaming but it's a real nice one, don't wake me.....

Bravo, isitlunchtime!

I have emailed today, reminding them that they last wrote to me to say that they were awaiting the judgement of the CJUE. Then I pointed out that the judgement has been made and would they now proceed to reimburse me without further delay.

More waiting but I will be back should there be any response!

isitlunchtime, you have greatly encouraged me to get off my lazy behind and just keep chasing, so thanks again.

I've finally had a letter today stating my claim for the tax years 2015, 2016, 2017 has been accepted with a breakdown of the refund for each year. The payment will be paid automatically (as long as I am up-to-date) with my tax payments.

However, there is no mention of any interest on the refunds, so the claim isn't quite finished yet...

Received a cheque for our refund in respect of our declaration for 2016.

What surprised me was that it was put into an envelope and "posted" into the ATM inside the bank just before lunch yesterday, and the amount was shown in our account when I logged in about 5 hours later.

isitlunchtime wrote:

"I can't blooming believe it - they've now just sent a breakdown of interest and I tell you what, it's a lot more than you'd get in a bank deposit account.

10% For the 2015, paid in 2016

6.4% for the following year paid in 2017

3.85% on the amount paid in 2018"

Shouldn't the interest be more than that?

Approximating (no compound interest)

For 2015: Jul 2016-Nov 2019 is 1190 days = 3.25 years at 4%/year so 13%

For 2016: Jul 2017 - Nov 2019 is 820 days = 2.25 years at 4% so 9%

For 2017: Jul 2018 - Nov 2019 is 460 days = 1.25 years at 4% so 5%