Nostalgia

suein56

Someone in the UK has uploaded all the pages of the 1976 Argos catalogue and it has resulted in  many people contacting him with their nostalgic memories of the period.

As an example: http://www.flickr.com/photos/38301877@N05/3590005864/

An example of one of the type-writers shown is now in the possession of our son, who relieved us of it when we moved to France. He even managed to buy a new ribbon for it a few years ago.

Sue

I loved my typewriter, it's that blue one...... and when we unpack the rest of the boxes, maybe it will turn up....... do I need it, no, have I needed it for 13 years, no, but I would like it.

I have just looked at a photo of me in 1976...... this thead made me a little nostalgic.

The Olivetti portable - in metal, a kind of greyish colour in a zip around grey and beigy/brown carry case is the one our son appropriated from us. My mum had bought it for my dad in around 1960 - I think - and I inherited it. A much loved family heirloom. Weighs a lot though; much like the 'portable' Singer sewing machine 222 (?) that I still use which I got from my mum. The Singer weighs an absolute ton, so I wouldn't want to port it too far.

Sue