Jeremy Clarksons critics should be taken out and shot

just john

[quote user="Frecossais"]. And what about "the little woman"? It makes me gnash my teeth.Grrr!
May I echo Quillan and wish you well in hospital too. I'll be rooting for you.
[/quote]Thank you both.  Happily this isn't until Jan 10th - this will give me time to get over the last chemo on December 22nd (Christmas spent with my head in a bucket!  Or I could just give the chemo a miss and watch JC!)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the risk of thread drift (again[:D]) of course I add my best wishes Deb, though I have to say the strength you demonstrate convinces me you'll be fine,[;-)]

Back to it, No offence intended, sexism is not unique to Men but practised by both sexes,  Jo Brand, Best Female TV Comic when asked ‘What’s your favourite kind of man Jo?’ replied ‘A dead one.’  That's dead funny eh [blink]

[quote user="just john "]

sexism is not unique to Men but practised by both sexes, 

[/quote]True.  Just as non-whites are capable of racism.  Bigotry is rarely exclusive to one specific group of people.

But I still maintain that men are incapable of remembering to put the seat down!

[quote user="just john "][quote user="cooperlola"] But I still maintain that men are incapable of remembering to put the seat down! [/quote]

Well that's one that won't go away, but I thought the complaint was not lifting the seat![:-))]

[/quote]

No thats women, why do they always leave it down?

[quote user="Benjamin"]From a Q post a few back now, I have this mental image of him and his dog walking into the teeth of a gale at 10.30 at night with the dog muttering "I suppose there's nothing on the bl**dy telly".    [:D]

[/quote]

Funny enough, normally in a restaurant after walking (last weekend snow walking on Canigou with a group - the Labyrinth this weekend), nice meal and a few beers. Weekends are terribly boring TV (UK) wise these days and French TV is not that far behind with it's American stuff. There's those two silly shows and the rest is repeats most of the time. Christmas does not look too exciting either, lucky we will be out, but not always walking. Funny enough I miss the guests not being around but you have to have some time off now and again just to recover.

OK, what bit of the toilet seat/ and or lid should be down?

Female I am, and don't give a damn as to what position the seat is in. In fact I prefer the lid not to be down, when I rush in without the light on sitting on a plastic seat is not a good idea.

I'm totally with Coops on the JC thing, I just don't watch him, and wouldn't take any of his opinions seriously enough to complain as his opinions just don't really matter. Perhaps he could drive off into the sunset with Katy Price and the 2 most loathed people employed by TV companies would dissapear from the screen forever,,,,,,,,,,,,

[quote user="idun"]

OK, what bit of the toilet seat/ and or lid should be down?

Female I am, and don't give a damn as to what position the seat is in. In fact I prefer the lid not to be down, when I rush in without the light on sitting on a plastic seat is not a good idea.

[/quote]You obviously live with chaps who have a good aim, or they wipe up after themselves!  Many don't and unfortunately leave pee on the underside of the seat so that you have to get a bit of loo paper to put the thing down or risk getting urine on your hands.  That's the problem. Clearly, you're lucky in this regard or are better at in training you menfolk!  It's not that I mind actually putting the thing down (although it's a bore when you're as slow on your feet as I am and thus by the time you get to the loo you're absolutely at bursting point), I just don't want to touch second-hand pee!

Coops I do not live with good aimers. My youngest once explained to me that there is no point in moaning as aiming at the water in the pot is impossible, no matter where the aim is, then it still goes where ever it wants. And having three males in the house, the problem was then understood. No point in moaning and just try to get them to mop up.

Where the seat is left, I don't care at all.  

My brother informs me that the best way is to train 'em young.

And to do that he recommends placing a ping pong ball in the bowl. The competition is then to hit it. Funnily enough all his three sons became experts as soon as they were out of nappies.

Not sure if my brother uses this method himself!

• 2 weeks later...