Jeremy Clarksons critics should be taken out and shot

just john

I was once a member of UNISON for three and a half years and firmly believe that Clarkson is right.
The membership are only ever called out on strike to protect the pensions of senior union officers. On the three occasions I, as a fully paid up member, needed the help and protection of UNISON; on the first I was hung out to dry by the local rep, and on the other two, totally ignored despite repeated calls to their 0800 'Help line' citing membership number and full details. After that I decided to ignore the union
. - Bill Sticker

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(copied from BBC website)

Here is a full transcript

of an exchange involving Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson on BBC One

light entertainment programme The One Show, in which he was asked about

Wednesday's public sector strikes.

Matt Baker [presenter]: Well Jeremy,

schools, hospitals, airports, even driving tests, have all been

affected. Do you think the strikes have been a good idea?

Jeremy Clarkson [guest]: I think they have

been fantastic. Absolutely. London today has just been empty. Everybody

stayed at home, you can whizz about, restaurants are empty.

Alex Jones [presenter]: The traffic, actually, has been very good today.

Jeremy Clarkson: Airports, people streaming

through with no problems at all. And it's also like being back in the

70s. It makes me feel at home somehow.

Matt Baker: Do you know anyone who has been on strike today?

Jeremy Clarkson: Of course I don't, no.

What, somebody public service? No, I don't. No, absolutely. But we have

to balance this though, because this is the BBC.

Matt Baker: Yes, exactly.

Jeremy Clarkson: Frankly, I'd have them all

shot. I would take them outside and execute them in front of their

families. I mean, how dare they go on strike when they have these

gilt-edged pensions that are going to be guaranteed while the rest of us

have to work for a living?

Matt Baker: Well, on that note of balancing an opinion, of course those are Jeremy's views.

Alex Jones: Only Jeremy's views.

Jeremy Clarkson: They're not. I've just given two views for you.

[quote user="Alan Zoff"]I only enjoy Clarkson when he is doing this sort of stuff. He has ruined a good car programme by turning it into a toys for boys show, complete with the inevitable celebs. But he was spot on in this interview![/quote]

Spot on AZ, well except the bit about toys for boys, I think the producers have turned it into moronic theatre for idiots, (except for a few good bits, usually just Clarkson on his own driving something somewhere with his inimitable commentary http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBT_djEQz3Y)

[quote user="idun"]Could I watch a motoring program, no, couldn't. But I do watch Top Gear, there are quite enough cars in it for me and it makes me laugh, so I am entertained, in spite of not particularly like the presenters.[/quote]

Yes and lets look at the competition to Top Gear, Strictly Come Dancing, I'm a celebrity Get me Out of Here, X Factor, Britain's got Talent, all the game shows, Big Brother and so the list goes on and on. If you want a program about cars watch 5th Gear, if you want to get some light entertainment loosely based around cars then watch Top Gear.

While we are on the subject of JC and his mates lets not firget the 'death threats' he got from such sad people as the Morris Marina Owners Club and I believe he came out with similar comments when talking about camper cars and caravans. If it were serious at all then I guess he should have been dead years ago, murdered by some Morris Marina, Ital, Montego or Meastro owner especially after his comments about BL.

The person who should have been shot was the idiot Producer who thought it was a good idea to put Clarkson on an early evening 'family' TV show and have him asked a question about the strike. The response was entirely predictable.

As for his critics - well everyone to his own opinion. There was a woman ranting and raving about him on the Vine radio show at lunchtime and whilst we didn't altogether disagree with her view, she was spoiling our lunch. Off.

Fuss about nothing: a lot of bigger issues in the World. 

I had a Marina estate and loved it, so big and roomy and the back seat was higher than the two front ones for some strange reason so I could see my baby in her carrycot all the time. My brother had an allegro done out in JPS black and gold and loved it, it was quite a popular car for the 17-21 year olds to spice up.

JC - well I like his attitude and if you don't like it, don't watch or listen as its only bravado behind words. His books have had us in stitches for years and so has T.Gear

[quote user="Alan Zoff"]I'm sure this will do JC's book sales no harm in the run-up to Christmas. OK, perhaps not too many council workers will buy his books, but, hey, they can't afford them, can they?[/quote]

When I heard about his latest, I immediately said he must have his latest book or video out! Crazy to have invited him on to the show - he should only be interviewed after the watershed - if at all!

So,

Clarkson has apologised for his comments but he clearly has no sympathy to people driven to Suicde and clearly has no sympathy for average people taking degraded pensions.

If Clarkson went on strike for a day,week,or year would anyone notice, would anyone care ?

[quote user="pip24"]So, Clarkson has apologised for his comments but he clearly has no sympathy to people driven to Suicde and clearly has no sympathy for average people taking degraded pensions. If Clarkson went on strike for a day,week,or year would anyone notice, would anyone care ?[/quote]

There are certain members of the public sector and indeed some local government departments that nobody would miss if they never went back to work. Even governments can be done without, just look at Belgium, no government for 18 months now and it still functions.

I don't remember him making any comments about suicide in relation to his recent comments by the way or did I miss something?

[quote user="Quillan"]

[I don't remember him making any comments about suicide in relation to his recent comments by the way or did I miss something?

[/quote]I didn't see the program but the One Show presenters apologised on air for Clarkson's comments about people throwing themselves in front of trains. So I think that makes two of us who missed that.

JC just plays the market and does very well from it...............I find him most amusing and vaguely relevant.

Each to his own

W

PS Got the Ferrari wound up at 6.21am hier on the way to Grenoble ...............249 kms/hr...........what a blast...JC would have been proud,