Flowers by post

Gemonimo

You will get better value for money by contacting a local florist to the recipient. By using a relay company (ie Interflora) you will receive less value for money - all a relay company do is send an email to a local florist with the order, but deduct their percentage.

So you spend £30.00 but you wont get £30 worth of flowers.

Yes... I am a florist

Thanks for all the suggestions. I think contacting a local florist might be best - don't know why I didn't think of it - as I guess it may be better value.  As my mum if likely to be around for a good few years, I can try Interflora, Next and other companies in the future if this years effort is a disasgter[:-))]

- Gemonimo - same situation as yourself and I would use a local florist who had a shop just a few miles away from my mother's home.   Having seen photos of the flowers delivered I was always pleased with what the  florist had provided.   

Two things with using local florist;  I feel you can be far more specific with what you want as regards types or colours of flowers in the bouquet.     But the other - very very important thing for me -is that if you plan it in enough time you can always hand-write a card out here - and send it to the florist to attach to the bouquet which makes it even more personal.   

A local florist will always help - and contacting them directly is far more satisfactory than going through the impersonal 'international florist' route.  

Chessie

This has reminded me that I used a florist local to a friend in Geneva, found on the internet, and was very pleased with the flowers my friend received. I had a good chat about what was required - colours, price etc, and my friend was delighted with the delivery. I had a call from the shop, as the delivery chap didn't have quite all the info needed; I rang my friend, who resolved that problem; very helpful shop. A few weeks later we visited my friend, who had liked the flowers so much that she had kept the hand-tied arrangement, and even in its dried form it was still beautiful, lying decorating her hearth.

I've not sent flowers to my friend's Swiss home since then, only to France, but would definitely use that florist again if the need arose.

Good luck with your flower delivery - and hope your Mum has a lovely day, Gemonimo.

The simple task of finding a local florist and sending flowers to my mum took me the best part of this morning. I checked all the local sites on line and discovered that other than the really precious stores, they all had the same pictures which I suppose means that the order goes straight to the Interflora Depot somewhere and the 'personalising' of a local florist is nonexistant.   I found the bouquet I liked and tried to order it but none of my cards would work on any of the sites so I decided to phone one of the stores and order direct.  The net result is that I haven't a clue what I've ordered or what it looks like and the price is what I had intended to pay but I had to add in £5 for delivery although their website states free delivery. I think next year I'll be visiting as buying a Ryanair ticket is a lot easier and a lot cheaper[Www]

I use a company called 'Bunches' and they are very good. Free postage in the UK and also (at the moment) a small box of chocolates included with the flowers.I think web site is www.bunches.co.uk And if you want to send flowers in France can I recommend www.aquarelle.com. My daughter uses them to send flowers to me (ordered from the UK) and they have always been fantastic. Well packaged,fresh and beautiful.

[quote user="Gemonimo"]The simple task of finding a local florist and sending flowers to my mum took me the best part of this morning. I checked all the local sites on line and discovered that other than the really precious stores, they all had the same pictures which I suppose means that the order goes straight to the Interflora Depot somewhere and the 'personalising' of a local florist is nonexistant.   I found the bouquet I liked and tried to order it but none of my cards would work on any of the sites so I decided to phone one of the stores and order direct.  The net result is that I haven't a clue what I've ordered or what it looks like and the price is what I had intended to pay but I had to add in £5 for delivery although their website states free delivery. I think next year I'll be visiting as buying a Ryanair ticket is a lot easier and a lot cheaper[Www][/quote]

Except, don't forget to use the name you have on your passport and don't forget that Ryanair charges for using all cards other than their own card!  Sorry, Gem.....rotten way to say happy new year, but you are in my thoughts....truely![kiss]