Manager of English Football team resigns

Russethouse

[quote user="Mr Coeur de Lion"]He should never have been manager. Should be an Englishman who leads England. Glad he's gone and it just shows the sort of man he is for supporting scumbag Terry.[/quote]

Strange comment from a person who resides in the land of the free, or don't you believe in innocent until proved guilty? And I must tell you now; I have no time for Mr Terry so don't think I'm defending him.

[quote user="Théière"]32.5sec[/quote]

It happened yesterday afternoon when the jury returned a not guilty. It's just a case of putting the paperwork in place.

Can you see Tottenham giving him up easily?

As for the F A not including Fabio in the decision, even just as a token acknowledgement of his Head Coach position, what did they expect him to do? Simply let them get away with it? Naw.

Typical of the bunglers at the F A.

[quote user="Mr Coeur de Lion"]He should never have been manager. Should be an Englishman who leads England. Glad he's gone and it just shows the sort of man he is for supporting scumbag Terry.[/quote]

I support Capello in both his decisions. If the FA wanted to strip Terry why wait til now? The playground spat happened in October. I have not read/heard the Italian interview but suspect that the interfering FA made their decision and allowed Capello to learn of it from the press announcement.

Not that the captain does anything anyway - there are no decisions to make and if there were the goalpost is probably more articulate.

As for the next manager - firstly try to find an Englishman who has actually won anything and from that list of not many select one who will stand up to both a bumbling FA and "player power". Sir Alf was alleged to be autocratic and as he is the only manager to have lead the English team to win anything that must be the correct way.

John

[quote user="NickP"]

Strange comment from a person who resides in the land of the free, or don't you believe in innocent until proved guilty? And I must tell you now; I have no time for Mr Terry so don't think I'm defending him.

[/quote]

He hasn't been worthy of being team captain ever since he slept with one of his team mates other halves. The national team captain has a responsibility to at least be up standing and be a good role model too.

If he had any shred of decency, he should have either refused the captaincy again, or stood down when this latest of a long line of issues with him came about.

He's well past his best as well and shouldn't even be in the squad anyway, but that's beside the point.

If sleeping with a team mates ex girlfriend is a crime, then not many public figures would survive moral scrutiny, and I include the American icons the Kennedys. Sorry mate the only responsibility the national team captain has; is to be a good footballer. The people who created this muddle are the executives and lawyers of the FA and Chelsea FC who manged to get this case delayed unnecessarily to allow Terry to complete the season and then appear in the Euro tournament. They should have got it done and over with immediately; and moved on whether he is guilty or not. In my opinion Capello didn't resign because they sacked Terry, he resigned because the FA acted without consulting him.

[quote user="Russethouse"]I thought he was included in the decision making process but didn't agree with the majority decision ? But what do I know, football is not really my 'thing'[/quote]

Dunno Rh. I can't find any reference to who was present but I think it was just the nuance that I picked up from the news.  [:D]

[quote user="NickP"]If sleeping with a team mates ex girlfriend is a crime, then not many public figures would survive moral scrutiny, and I include the American icons the Kennedys. Sorry mate the only responsibility the national team captain has; is to be a good footballer. The people who created this muddle are the executives and lawyers of the FA and Chelsea FC who manged to get this case delayed unnecessarily to allow Terry to complete the season and then appear in the Euro tournament. They should have got it done and over with immediately; and moved on whether he is guilty or not. In my opinion Capello didn't resign because they sacked Terry, he resigned because the FA acted without consulting him.[/quote]

I rest my case then :)

But really the question is: "who gives a f&&*?"

Footballers are VASTLY overrated,  GROSSLY overpaid and usually appear basically Illiterate.

There is much concern about banker's bonuses, but look at the England team manager's pay !!  What does the manager actually achieve to  justify those sums, the boss of RBS at least has to try to make improvements which will secure the company and take it forward, if he fails then there will be serious consequences for the business, the employees and also the national economy.

If the manager of the English national teams fails to fulfil his duties then I return to my original question [:)]

From what I read, the guy who is being proposed for the job has boasted the fact that he has never sent an email, text or fax and even does not write letters because he spells like a 2 year old !! [:@] At least he will not intellectually dominate his players. ( or will he??)

I am sure I would pay someone like that £6 million a year, NOT.    Of course the other option would be to pay him £65K a year, equivalent to an MP, then offer a £5,935,000 bonus if the team won something of value.

Return to the original question.

[quote user="Racerbear02"]

I am sure I would pay someone like that £6 million a year, NOT. Of course the other option would be to pay him £65K a year, equivalent to an MP, then offer a £5,935,000 bonus if the team won something of value.

[/quote]

I think your very much near the mark of what many people thing about bonus's be it football or whatever. Give them all a reasonable, by public opinion standards, basic wage and a bonus for goals scored and games won payable at the completion of their contract. That way the incentive to work hard and continually improve is there to the end. When you think about it that's how sales people have worked for years, low basic wage but their salary made um by commission on what they sell. The international football association (I don't know its name) would have to implement this across all countries otherwise it would not work, every player would leave the UK.

I'd love to be England manager. Easy money.

You pick the best English players (not hard to do as there's very few of them), you work part time, get free tickets to any matches of your choice, get paid to travel the world and when the team fails again because they're not good enough after all, you get a massive golden handshake and enough money to quit work for life.

How hard can it be?

From what I read, the guy who is being proposed for the job has boasted the fact that he has never sent an email, text or fax and even does not write letters because he spells like a 2 year old !! Angry [:@] At least he will not intellectually dominate his players. ( or will he??)

If he can motivate players, does it matter ?

I have to keep returning to my original question [:D]

The failed fraud case  merited (!) 6 minutes on BBC evening news as the first item. This morning's Breakfast program had the search for a new overpaid figurehead as the main item and and also was done to death in the sports section, they were carrying on like it is important, in the great scheme of things it is an utter irrelevancy.

Insert original question here

[quote user="Mr Coeur de Lion"]I'd love to be England manager. Easy money. You pick the best English players (not hard to do as there's very few of them), you work part time, get free tickets to any matches of your choice, get paid to travel the world and when the team fails again because they're not good enough after all, you get a massive golden handshake and enough money to quit work for life. How hard can it be?[/quote]

Beautiful - sums it up for me.

But there is a major downside - imagine having to work with the type of person found in the English football squad (some of whom are from Liverpool, Manchester or equally awful places) on a regular basis. Worse still having to meet them socially in the company of their pneumatic, scantily clad women.

John