Cooperlola

cooperlola2

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Cooperlola

I have followed your trials and tribulations with sympathy and admiration. 

I wish you a speedy and full recovery and would like to thank you for, unknowingly, helping me prepare to face my forthcoming operation, the thought of which (and what they might have to do to me during it, and have to do to me after it) is making me very anxious. Your courage and generosity in sharing your experience to date is inspirational.

Thank you again.

CBC65  [:)]

You are all so very kind.  CBC65, good luck to you.  Scary times ahead but the nice thing about big ops is that you sleep through them!  I always envy animals because nobody ever explains to them what's going to happen and/or, worse still, what might happen.  They don't go on the bloomin' internet and read about all the potential problems they could have.  Sometimes I wonder if we know a little bit too much at times.  Still, medical practice has come on such a pace in recent years so I'm sure your outcome will be as good as it possibly can be.

The last of my tubes is being disconnected this morning and the plumbing seems to be in order so I'm progressing from last night's soup and this morning's coffee to a compote or similar for lunch.  Nice to be getting back to normal but I'm still pretty sore.

My biggest problem at the moment is that my old ma' has gone into what appears to be a complete melt-down and of course I can do nothing from here.  Typical bad timing but it was bound to come eventually - she is nearly 90 and had done so well up until now.

Thanks all for your messages - they do keep me going.[kiss]

Coops, I'm sorry to hear about your ma.  She sounds like such a redoubtable lady.  And, guess what, I have an inkling that you are just like that old, indestructible battleship (yes, I know you won't thank me for saying it but all I mean is that you both have "true grit"!)

When are they letting you go home? 

[quote user="sweet 17"]

[/quote]I'm guessing some time on Tuesday although it may be as soon as tomorrow night - but they have to take the staples out first! (A process I hate.  Yuk[+o(])  My surgeon isn't on duty again until Tuesday and she said I might be gone by then. 

All tubes removed this morning so I had a proper shower at last and it's a really beautiful, if chilly, day.  The cathedral looks beautiful out of the window. Could be worse!

[quote user="cooperlola"][quote user="sweet 17"]

[/quote]I'm guessing some time on Tuesday although it may be as soon as tomorrow night - but they have to take the staples out first! (A process I hate.  Yuk[+o(])  My surgeon isn't on duty again until Tuesday and she said I might be gone by then. 

All tubes removed this morning so I had a proper shower at last and it's a really beautiful, if chilly, day.  The cathedral looks beautiful out of the window. Could be worse!

[/quote]

Coops, for me, that "could be worse" sums it all up!

Sometimes, we do, despite ourselves, slip into the odd, negative whinging mood but, if we have any sense at all, we will think about all the really "good" things that are in our lives.

Being GRATEFUL is such a neglected virtue but it's one that is easily acquired and will add to one's contentment with one's lot.

Well done, Coops!  You are, of course, head and shoulders above anyone else I know.  No, no, don't be embarrassed....it's rare enough getting a word of praise from me, the arch critic, so enjoy it!

If I were a drinking woman, I'd raise a glass to you right now!  But, I'm sure we will be reading about your homecoming very soon  [:D]

Coops I've only just caught up with all of this and I find I've  missed all the drama yet again :)

It sounds like you're on the up - I hope this is so... now fingers crossed you get home and get better and you'll be fit and sorted for spring

xx

Half my staples have just gone [+o(], the rest will be taken out on Wednesday morning and I should be home again by nightfall.

Thanks again for all your messages.  It's absolutely stunning here at the moment, I'm up in my chair with the window open, looking over at our beautiful cathedral (which sadly has too whacking great cranes next to it at the mo'.) This is a very lovely city to be ill in.

Hi Coops,

Glad all is progressing well. Lovely weather here as well - blue sky, sun, no wind and no cloud, but very cold.

Keep up the good work - did you get the pm regarding the health care info - it might help others.

Looking forward to hearing you're back home.

Love from us both. xxx[:D]

Thanks both. 

Yes, Keni, I did get it but have been somewhat pre-occupied![:D]  Assuming things do get back to normal then I'll post on here when I'm back home. 

Just spoke to mother and things seem a little better today although of course all the offers of help she's been getting are interference and nosiness.  Can't win![:-))]

Glad to hear things are going so well, Cooperlola - including with your mother; if she's sounding back to normal it's one thing fewer to worry about!  [:D] 

It's also been lovely here in SE UK; I've just been round to the shops and enjoyed blue skies and lovely sunshine, and lots of birdsong. We had another very thick frost last night and more due tonight, so everywhere was also either thick with sparkling frost or a very vivid green where the sun had been shining. Just lovely.  [:)]

[quote user="gardengirl "]

; if she's sounding back to normal [/quote]Deffo.  The woman from the social services was asking impertinent questions, and the woman in a neighbouring flat who offfered her the name of her carer was being nosey so yes,  SNAFU.[:D]

Tbh, I think that all she really needed was half an hour's moan to me.

Well I got home on Wednesday and have had my feet up pretty much since then.  Just come back from the hospital where I saw my surgeon to discuss the biopsy results from the stuff they removed last week and all was benign and clear.  Next appointment is in three months' time for monitoring.

Phew.

Fairport here we come.