Cooperlola

cooperlola2

[:D]

As long as the weather and the ground stay dry then I do make sure that I get out for a potter on the crutches during the day.  When it rains, I feel less stable and thus safer indoors - I don't need broken bones along with everything else.  Happily the weather is just perfect at the moment; sunny and warm but not too hot.

My little book of info' says I should start to lose my hair any day now.   Not looking forward to that but I will see how efficacious the cold cap was (or not.)[:-))]

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to post anyway as a few people have been kind enough to ask how I'm getting on.

I still feel a total fraud as apart from the things which are now being sorted by drugs I feel fine and in fact in the last couple of days even my energy levels have perked up again.  The hair is supposed to fall out soon (it was the one thing on the great long list of side-effects which the oncologist said would definately happen) but so far....  I'm starting to get a bit peeved that I got talked into cutting it off ([+o(]) but I'm sure I'm being a bit premature in that they said around 15 days and that's tomorrow so I'm not there yet.  My next chemo is a week today so even if I feel worse next time at least I've got through one without feeling too cr*p.  Only 5 more to go (fingers crossed) but then I have another op' to come - hopefully in the early New Year - and then with luck that will be it for a while at least.  One possible upside is that a friend of Mr C's who is a big gun in the cancer research field says that there is a lot of evidence to suggest that those who suffer the fewest side-effects are amongst those who respond best to the chemo so with luck... (I certainly need a bit).

I have had two meetings this week- the first with builders, architects and the occupational therapist, to look at what needs to be done to the house so it is more disabled-friendly, and the second with the doctors and both insurers to decide finally how much I'm going to get in compensation and help in the long term - as well as how much they're prepared to pay for the works on the house.  Both lasted a couple of hours each and all I can do now is to wait for everybody to hammer things out and come back with an offer.  At least all seem agreed that my condition is now "stable" so they can make a payout.   I haven't got a clue what these things amount to in France and they are all playing their cards very close to their chests but at the very least they seem to be willing to pay for most of the works so I will finally be able to get upstairs and liberate our front room which has been my bedroom for so long!

Thus all in all, Sue, things are rather better than expected which at least makes me feel a bit more optimistic which can only help.

Good Show, Coops!

It's very heartening for all of us to know that you are managing and getting better all the time.

I am sure you and Mr Coops will just be so relieved to get the settlement in place so that in one area of your life, at least, you have some stability.

So.....any tour next spring, perhaps?[:D]

So very glad to read your update Deb - and long may the freedom from chemo side-effects last, sounds very good so far. Tant pis for the hair, you've got that lovely wig anyway. You must be so looking forward to your home being more user-friendly soon - really something to look forward to. it is very heartening to read your news,  how much good there to be found within the bad. May the force be with you!

[quote user="cooperlola"]

Omy cab-door ears are bloomin' freezing, Idun, as is the back of my neck.[:-))]  But I didn't go for the full skinhead look as some do in these circumstances - that was just a step too far.

[/quote]

could be worse, slap head, or even Prince Charlie spring to mind ;-) good news though keep on trucking, you'll get there I'm sure

All is going remarkably well, thank you, but then I've only had one chemo session and the things are cumulative so I still have a long way to go.  My chemo day got changed from yesterday to Thursday so I spent yesterday visiting the stairlift factory in Domfront, just to be sure that I could use one on our very narrow staircase (it is solid oak and cost two arms and two legs so I'm reluctant start chopping it about).  All went very well and we were able to have a pleasant lunch (although the place was swarming with Brits on their way back from the 24 Moto - did you go?) - they seem to be following us about![:-))]

My hair finally began to depart today (not in a big way but there were noticably more hairs around the basin than heretofore.)  At least I didn't get the wig and all those hats for nothing!  I'm still going to persist with the cold cap tomorrow in the hope that it might stay around longer than otherwise.  Off to chemo at the crack of dawn.  Digits crossed that my reactions to it remain quite mild or this will be my last decent meal for a while if others' experiences are anything to go by.  Mr C is cooking one of his signature spag bols.  Nice smells wafting from the kitchen and a glass of Saumur to hand.[:D]