Cooperlola

cooperlola2

[quote user="sueyh"]How are you today Deb?

Suey
x
[/quote]I am eating and drinking and living normally for the moment - it will last as long as it lasts so I'm making hay whilst I can.  I've been getting all my paperwork up to date so that I don't have to worry about it when I have no strength left to do so. I get the impression from what I read that the more I can eat a good diet now, the better it will be when I start to reject it!  If only somebody would take the cork out of my *rs*, I'd feel better, I think!  Back to the Forlax.....[Www]

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I took this for 60 days during my chemo

http://www.bion.fr/nos-produits/bion-3-seniors,2,p4.html

There is a non-Senior version [:)]

I know there are pros and cons to taking vitamin supplements, but I had lost a lot of minerals after my operation and I couldn't think that it would do any harm

A friend of mine who is a Pharmacist said that this particular brand is OK

[quote user="cooperlola"]Norman, I've been sent home with prescriptions for all sorts of things following the pre-chemo blood test - Iron, Calcium,  Potasium and Vits C and D so clearly the medics think suplements are a good thing![/quote]

Fruit does it naturally, As Matron would have done.......prunes and custard [:)]

You don't want to strain and risk opening an old or new wound.

All systems are now go (as it were [:-))]) so clearly I'm doing something right.

The main side effect seems to be that my knees (which are full of plates and screws etc!) are very painful and the legs at the site of all the damage.  I'm going to see the doc' in the morning (I have to anyway as the ALD papers have come through) to see if I can take painkillers along with all the other stuff.  Meanwhile, the ice packs are out and working OK - it was the night which was a bit grotty.

Monza soon to take my mind off things, while I keep my eyes on the live timing and scoring from Silverstone.  Boo, hoo - that's where I should have been and all the "sorry you're not here" messages I've been getting from the lads at the circuit are not helping much!

[quote user="cooperlola"] Monza soon to take my mind off things, while I keep my eyes on the live timing and scoring from Silverstone.  Boo, hoo - that's where I should have been and all the "sorry you're not here" messages I've been getting from the lads at the circuit are not helping much![/quote]

Having done Monza (1999? saw Mika Häkkinen blow it at first chicane) the atmosphere was great, but spent most of it ducking under the tifosi's damn flag and watching it on the Big Screen, as today, and it's exciting enough already . . .[:D]

[quote user="cooperlola"] Boring result but great race.  Jens is on fire at the mo' isn't he?
 [/quote]
Well perhaps Adrian should be patted on the back for just delivering a great car, and a predictable result, at least Mr Vettel demonstrated a hairy bit of grass track, Jens did not disappoint, LH was tamed, do these two cowe one another? when one does well the other almost gives up?

[quote user="cooperlola"] More importantly, a Pug win at Siverstone and the lovely M. Narac took his class. Now all I need is to be able to nip to Rouen and buy a Porker from him.[:P][/quote]
Good to see the Audi's thwarted. Does this mean you have finally got an offer of filthy lucre, and it's burning a hole in your sticky little pocket? Congrats if so[B]

Yum. 

Practicality may, however, win in the end but even so if the money's there I'll get something fun - even if it has to be able to take my chair etc.  We shall see.

A good day today.  I visited the doc' and she's put me on painkillers (I wanted to check with her before taking anything that might clash with my current meds) and even on half a dose the pain went almost imediately.  The plumbing is all back to normal too so for today at least things are as they should be.  I hear of people who have a really tough time from minute one so even a few days are a bonus.  I guess it was a good move to expect the absolute worst so that every good day is a real plus.

[:D]

I'm almost ashamed to admit that I once had one.  It was given to me by a friend and I used it for the station run (cars were always being broken into in the station car park).  To be honest, it was not as bad as I had anticipated and lived for years afterwards until it died on my sister in its late teens.

Coops have not been on the forum for some weeks now (all sorts of things going on at the moment). Last time it seemed that you were climbing to the top of a mountain and now it seems you have dropped into the valley and are climbing back up. Amazed at how cheerful your posts are in spite of what you are going through.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery and also finally getting your compensation sorted.

Paul and Yve

[quote user="sueyh"]Hi Deb,

how are you? 

Suey
x
[/quote] I admit to feeling a bit of a fraud since I have had very few side effects (thus far [Www])  apart from the blocked plumbing (soon sorted by the meds) and the occasional queasy stomach (sorted by a few swigs of Coke).  I just sit and wait for the bomb to drop and meanwhile am eating and drinking as normal.  We shall see.

My neighbour opposite came in yesterday and her cancer is back.[:(]  She is 15 years younger than me and has a 3 year old to boot. She's gone back into hospital today for another op'.   Her o/h is freaking out too which is not really helping her at all.  I'm sure this is why she likes to come over and chat to me as I'm not sure that she's getting the support she needs at home.  Thus in comparison, I count myself lucky for the moment. I think, Paul, that this is why I can be relatively cheerful - at least I have good people round me and good medical care also - our local nurse and my gp are superb to boot.

It takes a few cycles before the chemo starts, if it's going to, upsetting you. My only point of reference was the Bob Champion film with John Hurt and my Chemo was nothing what so ever like that (thankfully) just felt tired and slept a lot sometimes for days but then I had to get back to work to earn money as neither the State or Charities were any help. Keeping your spirits up is great medicine and I used to go for walks to keep everything moving but I am not sure you can do that Deb, not without an all terrain chair.