Cooperlola

cooperlola2

Coops I've been away so just caught up with all your news...  life isn't dull for you is it!

I just wanted to add my thoughts and best wishes along with everyone

else - both me and grey are thinking of you... and they boy sends his

best!  I am still expecting another visit next year so can you please

just get better quickly so we can make some plans! [kiss]

Norman and Theiere - wonderful wonderful news!

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No Rose, I guess you're right.  Life is never dull here!  The insurance companies expect to close my file from the accident this year and thus I hope that at the very least I'll get some compensation at last.  So you can tell the boy that I will do my best to turn up in something fast and furious in 2012![:D]

Teapot, I have just got all the drugs sorted.  You'll never guess what I have been prescribed for the potential mouth problems?....

Bicarb! [:D]

Coops, you seem to be getting to grips with all the 'accessory' stuff to do with your illness and I admire you so much.  You are lucky indeed to have such a wonderful, supportive OH and therein I'm sure lies the reason. It must be so easy to shut out the people closest to us when we are struggling but you seem to be embracing all the help and love you deserve so get well soon and prepare for your next itchy feet tour[kiss][kiss]

[quote user="cooperlola"]

So you can tell the boy that I will do my best to turn up in something fast and furious in 2012![:D]

[/quote]

He was wondering if it might be an Aston Martin... but then said that you should choose whatever your heart desires [:D]

How kind he is!  Budget will be all, of course, but in view of the recent problems, if I can afford a Porsche then I'm probably going to have one.  My only worry is space as it's a shame to have to leave one's rocket behind at home whilst one is travelling around, n'est-ce pas?  Thus I may be forced to choose something more practical.  The Megane RS is tempting.  Or an Evo.

We shall see.  There's a long way to go yet. If I have to drive around in my Note for the rest of my life I don't mind that much.  Freedom is all.  But  meanwhile it gives me something nice to dream about.

[quote user="NormanH"]The PAC is usually fitted in Hôpital Ambulatoire .(.I was there about 2 hours ) under a local anaesthetic.

[/quote]It will be overnight for me.  I have just got the call.

I have the boob IRM on Tuesday morning, followed by my big meeting with the oncology nurse who'll be looking after me.  One thing that keeps me going is the immense kindness of the support staff.  Even the admin' lady in the oncology department is quite lovely.  My gp too is incredibly supportive.  I've always liked her a lot and she's not let me down.

It's all go!  Then Mr C's tooth chipped during the night...  Whatever next?[:-))]

"One thing that keeps me going is the immense kindness of the support

staff.  Even the admin' lady in the oncology department is quite

lovely.  My gp too is incredibly supportive.  I've always liked her a

lot and she's not let me down.It's all go! 
"

Coops, this kind of support is worth its weight in gold however I am sure they recognise that they are dealing with a very brave person.

"Then Mr C's tooth chipped during the night...  Whatever next?Woot! [:-))]"

As the saying goes "never rains but it pours"  !

bon courage hang in there and keep fighting.

[quote user="Cendrillon"]""Then Mr C's tooth chipped during the night...  Whatever next?Woot! [:-))]"

As the saying goes "never rains but it pours"  !

[/quote] An emergency appointment at 9.30 and by 10.15 he was back home and all is fixed.  At least that was easy.  I really don't need to have my personal slave on the sidelines as well![Www]

Thanks, Norman.  My neighbour came round just before lunch.  She has one so was able to give me chapter and verse on the day to day stuff.  One interesting point she made was that she's found that if she puts the patch on two hours before the procedure, rather than the one which is prescibed, that it works rather better.

[quote user="cooperlola"]Thanks, Norman.  My neighbour came round just before lunch.  She has one so was able to give me chapter and verse on the day to day stuff.  One interesting point she made was that she's found that if she puts the patch on two hours before the procedure, rather than the one which is prescibed, that it works rather better.[/quote]

She must have something rather different to mine.

When I have my chemo the nurse has to insert a rather long needle and clip it in place.

see

http://cancerhelp.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/treatment/chemotherapy/having/iv-chemotherapy#port

pump The Chemo products pass from a drip attached to the PAc   at different rates. I have some in the Hospital with an electric pump (like the first photo here), then some more

from  one that I can take home which looks like a condom in a baby's bottle. (See the second photo)

http://cancerhelp.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/treatment/chemotherapy/having/chemotherapy-pumps#having

I don't know anything about a 'patch' but ofcourse there are many different treatments and ways of giving them.

Hi Coops.   We think you deserve a Porsche or similar - but surely you want something more exclusive!  And there is a nice Torch Red Corvette Grand Sport at Chassay in Tours just waiting for you to drive away!!

You are constantly in our thoughts.  Hope the treatment doesn't get you down too much.

[quote user="Loirette"]

Hi Coops. a nice Torch Red Corvette Grand Sport at Chassay in Tours just waiting for you to drive away!!

[/quote][:P]

Lovely idea, I'm just not sure I could afford the fuel bills.[:-))]  But we could make a nice little convoy between us.

I should have been at Silverstone this weekend.  Sob.  I guess I just have to write this year off as far as motor racing is concerned.[:(]  Thanks for your good wishes.

[quote user="cooperlola"]  I should have been at Silverstone this weekend.  Sob.  I guess I just have to write this year off as far as motor racing is concerned.[:(]  Thanks for your good wishes. [/quote]

Don't forget Telly Deborah(!) I watched F1 practice this morning (Jense did well) on Beeb red button and the LOTUS boys losing it at Brands on Motors this eve.  /formula_one practice 27 Aug 2011 12:1014:15 BBC One [:)]

[quote user="NormanH"] one that I can take home which looks like a condom in a baby's bottle. (See the second photo)
http://cancerhelp.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/treatment/chemotherapy/having/chemotherapy-pumps#having

[/quote]

He he Norman, That's exactly how I described mine. I was promised a pump, some piece of high tech beam engine or something at least I could show the lads but a condom in a baby's feed bottle (small size) was just laughable

[quote user="cooperlola"][quote user="Loirette"]

Hi Coops. a nice Torch Red Corvette Grand Sport at Chassay in Tours just waiting for you to drive away!!

[/quote][:P]

Lovely idea, I'm just not sure I could afford the fuel bills.[:-))]  But we could make a nice little convoy between us.

I should have been at Silverstone this weekend.  Sob.  I guess I just have to write this year off as far as motor racing is concerned.[:(]  Thanks for your good wishes.

[/quote]

I bet you won't get 30+ mpg at 70mph with a  Porsche!  But you will with the Vette!  Looking forward to that convoy!

[quote user="just john "]

[quote user="cooperlola"]  I should have been at Silverstone this weekend.  Sob.  I guess I just have to write this year off as far as motor racing is concerned.[:(]  Thanks for your good wishes. [/quote]

Don't forget Telly Deborah(!) I watched F1 practice this morning (Jense did well) on Beeb red button and the LOTUS boys losing it at Brands on Motors this eve.  /formula_one practice 27 Aug 2011 12:1014:15 BBC One [:)]

[/quote]It is highly unlikely that I will ever forget the existence of TV!  Spa started off good but as so often is the case with F1, the last half hour was like watching paint dry.  I was of course quite wrong about Silverstone - a fortnight to go yet.  With luck it will be on Motors whom I think got back the LMS franchise this year.  I also have one of the world's largest collections of DVDs so I'm well set up in the entertainment department.  Assuming it's possible, I fully expect to be watching DVDs while the chemo's being done, if I feel up to it.

Tomorrow is a hectic day with a meeting with the anaesthetist prior to the insertion of the PAC on Friday, followed by my boob IRM and then my first meeting with the chemo nurse.  On Wednesday I have to go to the rehab' centre for a sign-off meeting with my doctor there and on Thursday I go for an overnighter in hospital prior to the mini-op.  Thanks to all as per for their sound advice and messages of support.

[quote user="cooperlola"]

Tomorrow is a hectic day with a meeting with the anaesthetist prior to the insertion of the PAC on Friday, followed by my boob IRM and then my first meeting with the chemo nurse.  On Wednesday I have to go to the rehab' centre for a sign-off meeting with my doctor there and on Thursday I go for an overnighter in hospital prior to the mini-op.  Thanks to all as per for their sound advice and messages of support.

[/quote]

Coops, what with the heat today, I feel tired already, listening to how your day is going to be.  Clearly, you need to be pretty fit and well to survive all that hectic activity?

Chin up, Coops, by tomorrow evening, you will have your PAC in place and met the chemo nurse.  Then by the end of the following day, many more things will have been satisfactorily settled for you.....I think that sounds pretty good!

Bon courage![:)]

In fact Friday is the PAC operation day, Sweets. I go in overnight on Thursday. Tomorrow is just prep.  Happily it is just nice here temperature wise.  My biggest problem at the mo' is this infernal bleeding which just will not stop. I had to have a blood test today and the car park at the nurse's is closed off due to building works so I have to walk.  Only a couple of hundred yards from the street but for me it's more of a strain on the system because of the crutches.  Last time set it off and I didn't sleep all night and the same thing has happened again today.   I shall plead my case again to the docs tomorrow that they need to investigate again but every time I see one it has stopped and they don't want to disturb it again.  I swear I must be running out of blood by now![:-))]  But the only person who seems at all concerned about it is me so I guess I'm worrying about nothing.  It's hard not to think about though.