Cooperlola

cooperlola2

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thankyou all, as usual! A propos Mother-in Law (sigh) she has been ringing Deb daily, but Deb had told her - truthfully - that today was a biopsy, and hadn't mentioned the C-word. Saturday MIL goes off on a week's river cruising, so by the time she comes home, Deb may well be a bit more recovered. She insisted on coming out at New Year 2009 when Deb had her knee re-done and found the biting cold almost did for her, and the whole event exhausted her. Lesson learned I hope - as she's 89 next month! She will be well-miffed that the intended few days in Worcester with Deb are cancelled, but less so than Deb, who risks missing Fairport Convention's Annual Reunion for the first time in 33 years!

Really great news Mr Coops.........about Debs not MIL [:)]

Don't let her lift any thing heavier than a dinner plate for a while, I know that will mean Debs will have to make more trips to the kitchen that way but that's the way it has to be after surgery. [Www][;-)]

I am so relieved to hear that news!  I've been thinking about Deborah all day and hoping that things we're going well.  It's not fair that you have even more things to recover from and deal with;  I do hope Rabbie is right and your luck is totally changing!

love from us xx

[quote user="cooperlola2"]MIL will be well-miffed that the intended few days in Worcester with Deb are cancelled, but less so than Deb, who risks missing Fairport Convention's Annual Reunion for the first time in 33 years![/quote]

Coo, what a bummer having to miss the Fairport fest, Deb must be really put out.

Hope all goes better for you both from now on.

Sue

What is this?  I was feeding people and can't come on the Forum for one single day and Debs has had her op and  recovering?

So, I missed out on all the action live, as it were.  But, I don't care and I don't mind because the news is brilliant![:D][:D][:D]

Having met Debs  I was wondering around in a daze all day - luckily OH who finds things for me to do wanted help in making confit of duck and I was allowed to send silent good wishes all day without much interuption. My thoughts still fly to both of you and will until we get the OK.

Di, who enjoyed Debs company on her itchy feet tour. Love also from John who is not at his best as the wet weather has set off a crap reaction with his Osteo Arthritis.

Love and good wishes to you both

OH

More details provided by Deb this morning - despite still having a camera down her throat, making speech a bit difficult! Surgeon came to see Deb again after D had talked to me - had a broad grin on her face. There was so much fluid surrounding the tumour that on the scans it looked like lesions - not good. In fact there was no such thing, so the tumour was removed lock, stock and ovaries! They also performed a hysterectomy and an appendectomy at the same time, so all the useless stuff is gone.

As far as lifting and carrying are concerned, of course Deb seldom does any at all, spending so much time in her wheelchair, and only walking with sticks. Hardly ever visits the kitchen - that's my domain!