Cooperlola

cooperlola2

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all and thanks for the overwhelming show of love and support, as per.  Odd how so many people whom one has hardly ever seen can mean so much.  We may bicker, but I reckon we have something pretty great going here.

As you have all no doubt gathered, the news isn't good.  I have ovarian cancer but just how far it's got is not clear yet and I will not know much more until the results of next Thursday's biopsy come back but I can't say that the doc was very reassuring - apparently this is not a good one to get (which is?) because of the chances of it spreading into bone.   All in all, I'm not really sure just how I feel at the moment  - the next few weeks are going to be pretty tough but , beleive me, you lot really do help.  I haven't had time to read all the messages yet and I have to be back in hospital but 6 o'clock.  At least I have a GP to watch so I can think of happier things (although the chaces off the lovely Herr Heidfeld winniing are pretty slim!) 

Thanks again and I know Mr C will keep you posted.  Please look after him while I'm in hosptial. [kiss][kiss][kiss] to all.

Coops, I don't want to hog this thread but I do want you to know that I am thinking of you (and Mr Coops, of course) and I shall concentrate very hard to send you all manner of kindly thoughts....

Be brave (I know you are), take care...

[quote user="cooperlola"]

Hi all and thanks for the overwhelming show of love and support, as per.  Odd how so many people whom one has hardly ever seen can mean so much.  We may bicker, but I reckon we have something pretty great going here.

As you have all no doubt gathered, the news isn't good.  I have ovarian cancer but just how far it's got is not clear yet and I will not know much more until the results of next Thursday's biopsy come back but I can't say that the doc was very reassuring - apparently this is not a good one to get (which is?) because of the chances of it spreading into bone.   All in all, I'm not really sure just how I feel at the moment  - the next few weeks are going to be pretty tough but , beleive me, you lot really do help.  I haven't had time to read all the messages yet and I have to be back in hospital but 6 o'clock.  At least I have a GP to watch so I can think of happier things (although the chaces off the lovely Herr Heidfeld winniing are pretty slim!) 

Thanks again and I know Mr C will keep you posted.  Please look after him while I'm in hosptial. [kiss][kiss][kiss] to all.

[/quote]

Sorry to hear that. I know how the diagnosis feels.

I suspected this diagnosis I am afraid and sent a pm a while back to your other half which he may not have seen about treatment in Nantes for this. You might want to look at the pm

Good luck and keep fighting [kiss]

Coops I am so sorry to hear that you have yet another battle to fight, it's just not fair!  But you are in the F1 league of fighters and I am expecting another visit next spring where you can inspire again my son with the delights of cars and racing. 

Thinking of you and yours right now... courage as they say here xx

p.s. I know we're a bit far away but if there is anything we can do we will!

Coops, I was so hoping it would be something else - just want to add my voice to the many others - It is enraging to think you have helped so many people and that you are having to deal with so much yourself. All your tremendous work with healthcare for others, but now at the very least,  you can expect to get the best possible healthcare for yourself.   I wish you to find in yourself more than enough resources to cope, and am sending best wishes to both you and Ian. [kiss]

Coops, I've got a feeling that all the tests after the accident would have also shown if the body was fighting cancer. Really really hope that is the case and it is recent and contained. Difficult week but you of all people can do it [kiss]

Jan

Coops, do you have that thing you use to play DVDs on with you ? Or your kindle ? Are you up to watching DVDs or reading ?

What sort of thing do you like in the book or DVD line ? Is there anything else you would like to help pass the time ?

Is there anything from the UK you desire ?

Just let us know, and don't be shy about it.....your forum friends all want to do whatever they can to help....

Thinking of you

Coops,

What a pain!  Just shows that you were right to go off and enjoy yourself on your "tour".  I'm a firm believer in keeping going and doing what feels right at the time, so you cannot say any more than one ever does, I wish I'd done .....

You don't need me to add to the good wishes, they are yours for the asking.  I'll be praying all the right things for you .... chin up!