Cooperlola

cooperlola2

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deb rang at 9. Some sort of drug last night had kept her busy in the loo, but she is certain that the bloat has reduced a tad as a result. Lots of giggles as she faces another day of prodding and/or worse. I return at 6 tonight to hear more.

[quote user="Cendrillon"]She's a very brave lady. [/quote]

Indeed she is.

[quote user="Cendrillon"]Please add my best wishes to those of everyone else on here. [/quote]

Seconded. Hope Deb has had a better day and you both have a better idea about a) what's going on and b) when she'll be home again. 

Deb has had a biopsy, and a very effective drain in the abdomen. So effective, I insisted on sitting on the other side of the bed from the bag! The saline drip has been withdrawn. A little more Deb "fire" was on display tonight, but it hurt if I made her laugh, so of course.....

Deb is eating a bit - first real food in a week. Not using oxygen, either. Drip has been withdrawn, but she did have some blood-plasma instead. The bone sample from her sternum was a failure, so now she's had one from her bottom. Some time after the procedure was over, the nurse came in to inspect the bottom, and pronounced it "parfait". I think she was a bit taken aback when I agreed!

[quote user="woolybanana"]Tell her that a good bum is the secret of eternal life. See Cleopatra!!![/quote]

I don't think it's very kind to call Mr Coops a bum, Wools.

New day and new hopes for Coops' rapid recovery.....[:)]

Deb has had an MRI scan today, has some other sort tomorrow, is booked for yet another variety next week. Still no suggestions as to what is wrong, but the bloating that started all this has not returned, 4 days after she was drained. She is always a v fussy eater, & hospital meals aren't exactly hitting the spot! The allergy rash that she experienced at Rouen has struck here and she is rather bored with itching! Calomine etc no longer seem to be in the medical chest, either.