Form 2041E

bixy

Hello, hope someone can help with this. I was in the process of filling in my declaration on line when I noticed a new form had been added to the list to fill in - 2041E. Never seem this before but it seems to be a form for non-residents but we are resident. It's impossible to remove it. Anyone else come across this?

Patrick

Yep .. loads of people elsewhere have remarked on it.

Apparently it's a glitch .. and appears after you have ticked either the 8SH or the 8SI box, or both.

It automatically ticks the box of 'non-residents' in the list of rubriques from which you choose the ones you require .. near the beginning after you have chosen the annexes you need to complete your declaration.

I logged out completely (déconnexion) and then went back in to the beginning .. as though I was starting again .. and unticked it from the list of rubriques .. all was fine after that.

suein56: what have you done instead of ticking 8SH to declare you had an S1 so didn't have to pay CSG/CRDS? Have you written a note instead as was done in past years?

I just completed 2041E with a pension of zero and got to the end although I also got a couple of warning messages. But I think I could have signed my declaration as they weren't blocking.

However I didn't but instead I submitted a query to the tax office asking them how I should deal with the problem. I'm still waiting for a reply but there is still time.

Pomme ..

If you start again .. as I described, albeit not too coherantly .. then you can untick said rubrique and continue as normal.

If you have an S1 and you live permanently in France, then you do not need to fill in the 2041E ..as it's a form for French citizens who are non-resident at present.

It's appearance this year is an acknowledged glitch .. get rid of it, tick 8SH and/or 8SI ars us your right and continue as normal.

Edit :Bravo for raising the question with your tax office .. but it depends on who replies.

Non-resident French citizens are not in every tax agent's repertoire.

It should all come good .. eventually.

Yes, I had something similar, though now I cannot say which form it was, but likewise, I started again and unticked a box which I had certainly not ticked, it went away and then was as I had expected .. have they still not learnt to double check and then double check again before changing things and putting in new items ... that was my most frustrating moment this year, I must admit, apart from adding every thing up in the first place, as it would keep getting different answers!!!!

suein56: OK, I now understand.

When I went back to the SELECTIONNEZ CI-DESSOUS LES RUBRIQUES QUE VOUS SOUHAITEZ FAIRE APPARAITRE page the DIVERS Comptes à l'étranger, reprise de réductions ou de crédit d'impôt was unticked.

It was only when i clicked on Déclarations ANNEXES I saw it was ticked.So I unticked it on that page and all is now OK and 8SH is also ticked.

The 2041E I had completed has disappeared.

No reply from the tax office yet.

pomme wrote : It was only when i clicked on Déclarations ANNEXES I saw it was ticked.So I unticked it on that page and all is now OK and 8SH is also ticked.

The 2041E I had completed has disappeared.

No reply from the tax office yet.

Well done; I wouldn't hold your breath about a reply from the tax office just yet, as I am sure they are overloaded.

But I am sure they will get round to it one day.

Yippee ! Le Fisc got the message .. today I redid a declaration that I had put on hold until the 8SH snag was sorted .. wasn't holding my breath.

Today I looked again .. to discover that the glitch had been dealt with ??

Chapeau ?

• 2 weeks later...
sueyh wrote the following post at 08 Jun 2020 20:56:

What if we are not on an S1?

Under whose health cover are you if you have no S1 ?

Edit : If you are paying your (health) way via payments to URSSAF .. ie you are considered an 'inactif' here, as you are not yet receiving OAP payments from the UK, then you don't tick 8SH or 8SI.

Paying for health cover has changed since 2016 when PUMA cover replaced what went before.

Eg. Before 2016 OH had a teacher's pension at 60 but we continued to pay URSSAF for our French health cover via CPAM until he received his OAP at 65 and then I did too.

With the arrival of our S1s no more contributions at 8% of our income was demanded of us.

Nowadays (I understand) receiving any pension at all entitles you to PUMA health cover without contribution.

But, as regards S1 cover, you don't have that yet. So you don't tick 8SH or 8SI ..

sueyh wrote the following post at 09 Jun 2020 7:45:

I have not ticked these and it’s still there.

It's a glitch .. undoable by logging out completely .. déconnexion .. closing all pages; open up again, log in again .. choose déclarer again, start from beginning and untick 2041 if it is ticked .. that way it should stay unticked and should not reappear.

Worked for me and my friend who had the same problem.

suein56 wrote the following post at 09 Jun 2020 10:20:

choose déclarer again, start from beginning and untick 2041 if it is ticked ..

Sorry that was not quite right .. the rubrique mentioned is the one labelled (IIRC) 'smthg to do with non- residents' .. which ticks itself. Right at the beginning you can untick this .. and it should stay unticked.

This category, if ticked, leads to the appearance of the 2041 .. as I said a glitch in the system.

Log out of the tax system completely (and preferably clear your web browser cache).

Logon again and go through the first few tax screens to get to the SELECTIONNEZ CI-DESSOUS LES RUBRIQUES QUE VOUS SOUHAITEZ FAIRE APPARAITRE screen.

The DIVERS Comptes à l'étranger, reprise de réductions ou de crédit d'impôt is probably unticked (but that isn't showing the correct information!).

If you click on Déclarations ANNEXES on that page you will see DIVERS Comptes à l'étranger is ticked.

Untick it and go back to the previous screen.

You should now be able to se 2041E is no longer there on the LHS.

• 10 months later...
It's me again Pomme, but tax rather than TV this time!

Got snagged today on the 2041E minefield; spent 40 minutes swearing at thee Napoleonic website then in despair checked the forum.  Saw your post from last June & 10 minutes later problem solved.

Thanks once again for your helpful advice.