pleasure in your knickers? gulp

just john

Will you save Britain's industry and your soul?

British knicker-maker, Mary Portas brand is called “Kinky Knickers”. She describes them to tellyviewers, to her factory hands, to the head honcho at Liberty as “a bit cheeky, a bit naughty”. But her main point is that buying something made in Britain (by people who otherwise wouldn’t have jobs) will make people feel that they’re doing something – gulp – for their country, for their fellow-citizens and for their immortal soul. Buying Zimmerli’s knickers makes you feel “pleasure”. Buying Mary’s British knickers makes you feel altruistic. Not bad for 10 quid.  telegraph. Is-it-wrong-to-take-pleasure-in-my-knickers.

As far as I can remember so far she has orders from Liberty's, John Lewis and ASO TV so I guess there is a market at this price mark.

Personally I just love the young lad who is working at the factory because he wants to set an example of work to his baby, which considering neither of his parents ever had a job must be laudable. (he is so skinny that I suspect every  cook feels like offering him a decent meal)

Likewise the young guy who was thrilled to spend money he had earned himself and had not been given as a benefit or handout.......

[quote user="Russethouse"]

As far as I can remember so far she has orders from Liberty's, John Lewis and ASO TV so I guess there is a market at this price mark.

Personally I just love the young lad who is working at the factory because he wants to set an example of work to his baby, which considering neither of his parents ever had a job must be laudable. (he is so skinny that I suspect every  cook feels like offering him a decent meal)

Likewise the young guy who was thrilled to spend money he had earned himself and had not been given as a benefit or handout.......

[/quote]

I am somewhat reluctant to discuss 'ladies intimate apparel' on an open forum[:$][:$], but I would buy at least one pair for all the reasons that RH has mentioned.

Like her or loath her, at least Mary Portas is trying to do something for both the UK industry and unemployed youngsters.

[quote user="britgirl"][quote user="Russethouse"]

[/quote]

I am somewhat reluctant to discuss 'ladies intimate apparel' on an open forum[:$][:$], but I would buy at least one pair for all the reasons that RH has mentioned.

Like her or loath her, at least Mary Portas is trying to do something for both the UK industry and unemployed youngsters.

[/quote]

Sorry, but you have been sucked in, Mary Portas is only doing "something" to increase her bank balance and her media image. If it wasn't on the telly she wouldn't be doing it!

IF they looked OK, then I would consider them. Let's face it lots of us ladies bought a lot of stuff from M&S in the past when everything was made in the UK and we knew that. Still that was when M&S seemed to care more about lots of things.

Pleasure in my knickers, well maybe, but I have to say I am rather fond of my pleasure without them too.[:)]

[quote user="Chancer"] From the very little that I saw when I was in the UK, trailers for the impending program I had firmly came to that same conclusion Nick.

just how appalling is my english grammar now, and I dont even know how to correct it [:(] [/quote]

symbolic of the state of the nation perhaps and no hope for the cynics but I believe that in addition to saving british industry, most men realise for their benefit, that knickers are for ladies pleasure, not just for Christmas[Www]

(5od the gramer)[:)]

Idun wrote: Pleasure in my knickers, well maybe, but I have to say I am rather fond of my pleasure without them too.

Rather too much information idun, I'm afraid.

John wrote: no hope for the cynics.

Well not cynical John, more realistic, but of course if  you are one of those people who believe that the lovely Mr Dyson is another saviour of the British industry? Then you probably believe that Mary Portas would have opened a knicker factory without any TV coverage. [:P]