UK Govt Pension

Simon

Hi

I took early retirement from the Civil Service, I see that the FAQs on here state I should put my govt pension in box 1AS as it is taxed in the UK, however I cannot access that box online, I assume because I am under pensionable age, am I right to pop it into box 1AM instead?

S

Box 1AS is now designated for French sourced pensions .. the Fisc changed things a couple of years ago. This is smthg they do constantly.

If your pension is taxed in the UK then it goes in box 1AL .. pension publique.

Box 1AM is for your UK OAP pension .. at present anyway.

Don't forget to fill in form 2047 first .. as this is the foreign-sourced income worksheet.

You should complete 2047 first (Section 1 and Section 6) using the gross figures and then transfer the information back 8TK on 2042C. You also need to complete 1AL/1BL on 2042 for the government pension.

1AM/1BM on 2042 are used for state (OAP) and private pensions.

[quote user="pomme"]You should complete 2047 first (Section 1 and Section 6) using the gross figures and then transfer the information back 8TK on 2042C. You also need to complete 1AL/1BL on 2042 for the government pension.

1AM/1BM on 2042 are used for state (OAP) and private pensions.[/quote]

Yes I have completed 2047, and transferred over to 8TK, but 1AL seems to be for non-residents, or am I misreading "Pensions perçues par les non-résidents et pensions de source étrangère avec crédit d'impôt égal à l'impôt français"

Regards
S

In fact that was intended for David who posted

"

Yes I have completed 2047, and transferred over to 8TK, but 1AL seems to be for non-residents, or am I misreading "Pensions perçues par les non-résidents et pensions de source étrangère avec crédit d'impôt égal à l'impôt français"

Yes, NormanH, I was in fact agreeing with you, but I knew you'd intended it for David. It was only when I re-read it more carefully that I realised where I too had gone wrong .. it's very well hidden and non-residents  and the "et" at first looks as though it is an additional descriptor for non-resident.  I understand entirely why David was confused by it, as I too was, even after all these years.