What are his chances ... EU President or PM Blair again ?

Frederick

His chances of being PM again are very slim indeed. First he needs to become a labour MP again. Then he needs to replace Ed Miliband as leader and finally he has to win an election.  While the first might not be too difficult both of the other two are extremely unlikely so I don't think we need to worry about PM Blair yet awhile.

While the rest of the EU perceives the UK to be at best luke warm about the EU I don't see Blair becoming EU President either.

[quote user="woolybanana"]Perhaps he could become PM of Scotland[/quote][:D] I think Mr Salmond has his eye on that position. Blair would have the same hurdles to get over as in England but would also have to win the referendum which might be a bit tricky as Scottish Labour is campaigning for a No vote together with the Tories and Lib Dems.

Having been caught lying before he became PM and then lying again which resulted in many brave British servicemen and women being killed I think quite frankly he does not have a chance. He is more slippery than the underside of a slug.

[quote user="Quillan"]Having been caught lying before he became PM and then lying again which resulted in many brave British servicemen and women being killed I think quite frankly he does not have a chance. He is more slippery than the underside of a slug.[/quote]

and there was me thinking they were the required characteristics

[quote user="PaulT"]

[quote user="Quillan"]Having been caught lying before he became PM and then lying again which resulted in many brave British servicemen and women being killed I think quite frankly he does not have a chance. He is more slippery than the underside of a slug.[/quote]

and there was me thinking they were the required characteristics

[/quote]

I think the phrase you were looking for is "How can you tell when a politician is lying....... their lips move"

[quote user="NormanH"]He did a better job than the present lot, and his government was elected, not cobbled together ....
[/quote]

Can't disagree with you there Norman, Blair was a much better liar. Under Brown they couldn't even cobble together a government and I can't see 'Wallace' ever getting in to power.

I also agree with Norman.

[quote user="Quillan"]

and I can't see 'Wallace' ever getting in to power.

[/quote]

Again I agree but where does that actually leave us for a future Government?

My own theory is that we've got into this situation by only being able to choose from the "clone" politicians that are around today. No great statesmen or natural leaders.

Natural leaders are dangerous and end up becoming nasty little dictators. I like politicians to have been through the wringer several times, to have been bitten hard, to have had hard times and to know that the voters have their hands firmly on their nuts and will squeeze any time they like. Which is why any of the current crop on either side will not do. In fact, there is noone at all at the moment that I can think of who is worthy to be PM or President, though I do think Mrs Merkel is not too bad.

[quote user="PaulT"]

[quote user="Chancer"]Word has it he is being lined up for the presidency of the FMI.[/quote]

Did you mean MFI?

[/quote]

NO, NO and NO again!!!!! They've gone bust so no money around equals no interest from Teflon Tony. [:D]

though I do think Mrs Merkel is not too bad.

No nuts to worry about ![;-)]

Blair getting elected was based on promising something he failed to deliver, and he constantly told us how well Gordon Brown was doing which has proved to be simply untrue.....by the time he left there was no money !