Dum di Dum di Dum di Dum

LEO

Arrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhh!

Can't stand it!  Not a fan of the programme at all, though I did once go out with somebody who did the "spot effects" in the studio (walk on gravel, ring door/telephone bell, operate various latches, chink teacups, etc).

It ALWAYS seems to start up when I'm in the car, and I gnash my teeth before turning the radio off.

Angela

[quote user="Loiseau"]Arrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhh!

Can't stand it!  Not a fan of the programme at all, though I did once go out with somebody who did the "spot effects" in the studio (walk on gravel, ring door/telephone bell, operate various latches, chink teacups, etc).

It ALWAYS seems to start up when I'm in the car, and I gnash my teeth before turning the radio off.

Angela

[/quote]

It's that automated rude-word-filter again - what is wrong with chink-ing a teacup?

The mind truly boggles.

Dear Mr Banana,

Any fule no that you have to gnash your teeth to get them sharp enough to grip the radio button before turning it off...

Araucaria, I can't even remember what the word was before "teacup" that caused the forum's software to expunge it! [8-)]

Rattle?  Clink?   Any of those been reduced to stars?

Angela

[quote user="Loiseau"]Araucaria, I can't even remember what the word was before "teacup" that caused the forum's software to expunge it! [8-)]
Rattle?  Clink?   Any of those been reduced to stars?

Angela
[/quote]The word was c h i n k which might be construed in a different context to have racial overtones

[quote user="You can call me Betty"]I think it serves a very useful purpose. As a warning signal. Like Loiseau, it gives me an indication that it's time to switch off the radio or retune.

[/quote]

[:D]  [:D]   [:D]

So true....