just been kicked of that other forum -;)

Richardbk

ha ha, I've just been kicked off that other French forum.

Apparently my crime was to criticise a horse transporter that somebody else had promoted. It seems that when it comes to French companies they are all game for criticism, but when it comes to UK companies they remove the posts.

Then when you point out the hypocrisy of this approach they kick you off.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember you from there. Have had my fingers rapped too recently, one for letting someone know (who was looking for a little cheap french car but still in the UK presently) that my daughter has a car which will be coming home in July but in UK if they wanted to see it. Got told it was advertising even though I did not advertise a price or any details etc apart from the model.

As for that other lot who have regional forums,you get deleted for even thanking somone for info or for giving the correct info and don't get me started on the number of non-registered builders they have advertising on there and those that self advertise themselves for being recommended with silly names but you can check from their phone numbers who they are!

I cant be living up to my pseudonym as I have not been kicked off, warned or had postings deleted on either forum.

I am surprised to read of bannings of those who have whom I always found very moderate, is the key perhaps not to to make a public statement if you disagree with a removed posting or whatever but to keep it private between yourself and the moderator concerned? Its what I would hope most of us would do in real life.

Were you banned for a private disagreement?

"Were you banned for a private disagreement?"

no because there was no dialogue with the moderator. In fact they did not even send me a warning.

They did send me a nice standard letter of "deactivation"

"your recent behaviour and several breaches of the rules, have lead to this decision being taken" , but I am not sure which specific part of the rules I actually broke.

I think they did not like the fact that I criticised the arguments used by a particular moderator to remove a post and that I thought they was not justified in removing posts that criticised UK companies when they did not do the same with French companies.

They do seem overtly sensitive to on comments made about UK companies and services.Is this due to some previous legal action or do they not understand FR and UK libel law.

I think Frazer has gone now as the forum has been bought out by a company, which I suppose is why they don't want any criticism of potential advertisers. It makes any recommendations worthless though if people aren't allowed to post anything negative!

They've also pretty much stopped the pets rehoming, which is a great pity.

• 1 month later...

Me too !!!!- Just been excommunicated - copy of my P45 follows:

You were so right a few weeks ago, this forum is not right for you!

Whilst a few of your posts were constructive the majority were not and being anti all things French, may not be an ideal stance on a Francophile forum.

Goodbye.

As you can imagine - I'm reeling from the shock and utter disappointment :-)

I wouldn't mind but I'm half French with dual nationality....

Chiefluvvie

[quote user="Chiefluvvie"]Just been excommunicated  - 

I wouldn't mind but I'm half French with dual nationality.[/quote]

Well there you have it ... that's where the problem lies, you are not viewing France through rose tinted spectacles.

Sue

Sue I think you've hit the nail on the head!

I know I can be 'controversial' but being kicked out for being anti-French is quite bizzare.

On 'that-other-forum' , many of the regular ex-pat posters spend quite a lot of their time criticising the UK. However, when I criticise my own country it's not acceptable.

I did use the word 'rubbish' towards a poster the other day - maybe that just pushed the mods over the edge :-)

Rose-tinted definitely and almost sinister if you ask me.....

Chiefluvvie

Well as far as I know we have never banned anyone for telling the truth. I think that our Code of Conduct in is simplicity is not beyond anyone to understand and providing you stick to those rules your here for life (sounds like a prison sentence [:'(] ). It is quite normal to have a different view or perspective on things and it can end in disagreement but it's been years since we have had any outrageous slanging fights on the forum. At least our forum comes over as being 'honest' people can see both sides leaving them to draw their own conclusions. Does make one wonder if anyone reads the 'rose coloured' other forum, moves over only to find things are not quite how they were portrayed and end up with regrets.

Quillan - I'm sure you're right.

I tend to catch up on my forum activities during my days off or on some of the more boring days down route! Maybe the ad-hoc nature of my visits affects continuity in some way and I miss the point? Who knows?

I do know one thing though...on the 'rose tinted' forum there seems to be an endemic reticence to accept factual information if it doesn't 'fit'. The truth must not be allowed to interfere with the general perceptions and views of those wearing the glasses!

aka La La Land......

Chiefluvvie (not that I'm bitter and twisted....)

[quote user="Chiefluvvie"]Just been excommunicated  - 

I wouldn't mind but I'm half French with dual nationality.[/quote]

Gobsmacked![8-)]

Especially when you look at some of the contributors over there who are allowed to continue even though they actively support sabotaging advertising hoardings for instance!

It's probably something to do with Care in the Community where the muppets are allowed a voice!

I've had several warnings on there, many posts deleted, but no banning yet.

Apparently, you're not allowed to say things against Scottish or Welsh football, because you are directly attacking the Welsh and Scottish. Furthermore, you most certainly cannot criticize the French, but having a go at the Americans is deemed ok.

On that forum, I was given a board warning just the other week which I refused to accept and told the Mod so, my refusal was on the basis that they had made a suggestion that was entirely their own and not what I had said, not even the courtesy of a reply!  If I am pushed, then the removal of all my posts under the data protection act will be requested.

[quote user="Salty Sam"][quote user="Chiefluvvie"]Just been excommunicated  -  I wouldn't mind but I'm half French with dual nationality.[/quote]
Gobsmacked![8-)]
Especially when you look at some of the contributors over there who are allowed to continue even though they actively support sabotaging advertising hoardings for instance!

It's probably something to do with Care in the Community where the muppets are allowed a voice!
[/quote]

God he is not still around is he? I would have thought he would be banned from just about everywhere by now. Still if he is there he is leaving other forums alone so thats a positive.

Chiefluvvie

I'm distraught at the treatment you have received even though I don't agree with some of your postings.

If you feel in need of counselling I can recommend a friend who lives in the Averyon or another located near to St Malo. They'll quickly sort you out.  [6]

[quote user="Mr Ceour de Lion II"]Apparently, you're not allowed to say things against Scottish or Welsh football, because you are directly attacking the Welsh and Scottish. Furthermore, you most certainly cannot criticize the French, but having a go at the Americans is deemed ok.
[/quote]Of course you shouldn't be allowed to criticised Scottish Football. Any one with any sense knows it is above reproach so to criticise it shows you have no knowledge of football  or anything else.[6]. However back in the real world I don't understand why people are banned from forums unless they are actively rude  to other posters or are posting illegal content or spam.

[quote user="Quillan"]

God he is not still around is he? I would have thought he would be banned from just about everywhere by now. Still if he is there he is leaving other forums alone so thats a positive.

[/quote]

Yes and spending so much time on his quest, I don't know how he manages his time in order to run a restaurant as well![:)] 

[quote user="Benjamin"]Chiefluvvie

I'm distraught at the treatment you have received even though I don't agree with some of your postings.

If you feel in need of counselling I can recommend a friend who lives in the Averyon or another located near to St Malo. They'll quickly sort you out.  [6]

[/quote]

Benjamin - I appreciate your concern but don't worry, I've taken a Doliprane and should be fine......

Chiefluvvie

Is this why it seems so quiet over there lately - have all the missing people been banned?  Where have they all gone?  They don't all seem to be over here or on two other forums I'm aware of .....

Chiefluvvie I must admit I had a giggle at your frustration in the 'rubbish/tosh' thread!