Coops update

Russethouse

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so very sorry to read your news & that you have to go through it again. I hope you can both find more of the strength & courage that held you in good stead before & that Coops is soon back home giving you stick. [;-)]

Best wishes & thoughts to you both.

It's hard to know what to say, other than echo all the other comments that have already been posted.

You really are a smashing lady Coops, always happy to provide help for other people, so I would like to add my best wishes and hope for a speedy recovery.

Have just got back from UK myself. I can only re-iterate that you are constantly in our thoughts Coops. Being so practical and down to earth I can't imagine that you are an Angel believer but I am and am asking for all the help that can be arranged in that direction! Debs and Ian stick with all your positive thoughts.

While I would love to tell you that Deb is feeling better, I can't. She is still dreadfully short of breath - despite the oxygen supply bieng increased earlier today - to the point of being unable to plug the lead into her netbook. She spends a lot of time rinsing her mouth out - with Coke! This is provided for her, as is a bowl to expectorate afterwards. No doubt a tiny % goes down her throat. She is also using one of those water atomiser sprays. I cannot claim that the hospital aren't caring. After all, it's the weekend, when we know from experience not much happens, and since attempts to drain her abdomen have failed up to now, we had little hope for today. But they did their best, sending her for an ultra-sound scan, to look for the best place to make an incision. Sadly even this didn't work, so she still looks very pregnant. She is now on morphine, and some sort of drug to stop her worrying - thanks, psychologist! She is vulnerable, needy, affectionate - not characteristics she often shows when well, as you all know! - so quite a wan, different Deb, but very attractive!

So there have been quite a few kisses and hugs, and I spent a long time rubbing Dove Silk cream into her back, then doing the same for each foot. Intimacy of a sort! I'm sure they will solve the bloating problem - it took a few days last year, and that was in a surgical ward - but it can't happen soon enough for me, or the patient. She will have a knockout drop tonight, so should sleep a bit more. Her new room-mate, a lady of 54, is obnviously well-known to the staff, and we wonder if she has a brain tumour, as she really is out of it, sleeps a lot, clearly not at all affected by these Anglais jabbering away in the next bed! You can always find someone worse off than you.

I visit tomorrow, but unless there is some turnaround will not bore you with all the same dreary stuff. Hopefully Monday more resources will be brought to bear!

[quote user="cooperlola2"] unless there is some turnaround will not bore you with all the same dreary stuff. [/quote]

It's not dreary.  I click on the thread to find out how you both are and so please continue posting, however trivial you think it is because it isn't.  (Does that make sense?)

[quote user="Kitty"][quote user="cooperlola2"] unless there is some turnaround will not bore you with all the same dreary stuff. [/quote]

It's not dreary.  I click on the thread to find out how you both are and so please continue posting, however trivial you think it is because it isn't.  (Does that make sense?)

[/quote]

My thoughts, too - unless you're feeling too exhausted, which is normal when visiting a loved one who is ill. Thanks, Kitty - I couldn't come up with the words I needed!

Coops and Coops2, I was so helped with my cancer diagnosis and (ongoing) treatment by reading your story last time. I am so sorry to learn of this latest challenge to your health and happiness and send my very best wishes and positive thoughts to you both. x

When I say I was called back to the hospital tonight, you will appreciate that things are grim. In fact I took my stalwart sensible-shoes English neighbour Sheena - the same lady who gallantly accompanied me 4 years an 1 week ago to Rouen after the car crash. Deb has now been moved into a private room, is still lucid to a point, and we stayed about an hour and a half, until Deb said she'd had enough and wanted to sleep. We sat next to each other with my arm round her massive waist - she looks 8 months pregnant. Sheena was brill at making small talk, and Deb responded as she could, but was often pre-occupied with details of things that had happened during the day.

I have been warned that the final act could be at any time, and felt France Forum, and all the great people that Deb met there, should be aware. I also promise that you will be the first online community to know....