Form 3916 and no further.......

mint

Thank you, Judith and pomme....believe me, I so appreciate your untiring patience[kiss]

When I have been fortified with a spot of lunch and returned from our visit to the opticiens, I will have a go.  If all else fails, I will print out the forms, following your links, pomme.  I'd better not start clearing cookies and doing clever stuff like that because the chances are that I'd not succeed, being less than what you might call efficient in this department.

Should I need to do paper forms, I could point them to my emails and unsuccessful attempts at getting any sort of help.  Thank goodness for emails with their proof of date and time of sending[:D]

I must say I am a bit surprised that I did NOT encounter this sort of problem last year and that no one else on the forum seems to have had to deal with this either.

Having been forced to load all the banks etc afresh with fields required that weren't required in the past it's worth noting that required fields are marked with an Asterix. The only new field required is the start date for an account which cannot be verified easily anyway - so just invent a date!

Just seen your post, Kong, thank you for your contribution.  Yes, I do just invent all the dates as most of our accounts have been held for in excess of 40 years minimum!  Comes from having lived a long time?

Pomme, I had just got out of the car after the opticien visit and hadn't yet looked at your links when someone called me from the tax office....wow!!!  We had a long discussion and at least she did not imply in any way that I had ticked the wrong box or anything like that.  I told her your suggestion of clearing the cookies but she said she didn't know anything about that[:D]

The long and the short of it was I didn't agree to go to the office in Nontron (our local market town apparently no longer has a Centre des Finances Publics) and she agreed to send me all the forms and that I would not be "punished" for being late.

I have since seen your links, for which I thank you most abundantly, and I will just get on tomorrow, fill the forms in and stick them in the letterbox of the local office.  The lady on the phone assured me they still had a letterbox!

What kindness and patience and sympathy I have experienced from all who have replied!  Thank you all very much[:)]