Bye bye Abu Hamza

woolybanana

Anyone fancy a Bye Bye Abu Hamza party at the airport with loads of booze and pork when the barsturd's plane takes off, together with the other serial scroungers and shy virgins with blood on their hands.

But why oh why did it take so long? Surely it was abuse of process and should have all been completed within a set period of, say, six months? May one assume that his foul family will go with him or will the taxpayer continue to fork out for them too?

I won't celebrate until he is actually on US soil. I don't think they can send the whole family, some of his sons are already in prison.

Has he paid his own legal bills or is it another one we poor taxpayers have to foot ?

Something has been bothering me for the last couple of weeks. Mind you, it doesn't seem to have slipped past our finest legal eagles...

If he was suffering from problems of mental degeneration so severe as to hinder or prevent him being extradited to the US for trial, how come the same problems haven't been impeding him from proceeding with an almost incessant stream of appeals?

Or is it just me?

If they want to ship him off tonight after normal flying hours for Heathrow, I won't even complain about the aircraft noise.

[quote user="Chris"]Only in Britain? I reckon so, but am interested to know if other European countries would waste between 8-14 years to achieve a conclusion. I think I've answered my own question. No.[/quote]This is being a little unfair to Britain. No action on the extradition was possible between 2004 and 2007 because Abu Hamza was serving a prison sentence. When he was released the process started again but his lawyers then appealed to the European Court of Human rigts which has a huge backlog of cases. This delayed the  process until June 2012 when the court ruled he could be deported. There was a further delay while he appealed this decision. When this appeal was rejected he lauched a further appeal in Britain which was rejected.

Any other european country that accepts the ECHR would have taken a similar time.

On R4 it has just been said that RAF planes have been on stand-by since Tuesday, and the one he's on is due to land shortly.

We now wait to see what repercussions will happen, as well as what will happen to Abu Hamza.

And I agree that proceedings could have taken place while he was in prison. 

[quote user="woolybanana"]Sorry, rabbie, it is an abuse. Knowing they were to be extradited, the lawyers should have acted during the time he was in prison. Or maybe the silly Brits should have denied financial aid and sent him directly to the US first.[/quote]WB, under British law any gaol term must be served before you can extradited. Presumably so that people can be got out of prison without serving their sentence. After all there is no guarantee that the person will not be acquited once they have been extradited.

But since you think we brits are so silly perhaps it is just as well you live in France[:)]

[quote user="Rabbie"][quote user="woolybanana"]Sorry, rabbie, it is an abuse. Knowing they were to be extradited, the lawyers should have acted during the time he was in prison. Or maybe the silly Brits should have denied financial aid and sent him directly to the US first.[/quote]WB, under British law any gaol term must be served before you can extradited. Presumably so that people can be got out of prison without serving their sentence. After all there is no guarantee that the person will not be acquited once they have been extradited.

But since you think we brits are so silly perhaps it is just as well you live in France[:)]

[/quote]

I'm with Queenie on this, and blame the last government for not finding a work around on this to achieve deportation.

A bit early to have a drink but at last he is in the USA.

Nectarine wrote, "problem now is his sons, they look like trouble now and in the future ..."

Five of them already have convictions which is hardly surprising when they have been brought up to be contemptuous of the society they live in.

Hoddy

[quote user="just john "][quote user="Rabbie"][quote user="woolybanana"]Sorry, rabbie, it is an abuse. Knowing they were to be extradited, the lawyers should have acted during the time he was in prison. Or maybe the silly Brits should have denied financial aid and sent him directly to the US first.[/quote]WB, under British law any gaol term must be served before you can extradited. Presumably so that people can be got out of prison without serving their sentence. After all there is no guarantee that the person will not be acquited once they have been extradited.

[/quote]

I'm with Queenie on this, and blame the last government for not finding a work around on this to achieve deportation.[/quote]I agree. Good riddance