Emmanuelle is dead. Who did not see her movies?

woolybanana

I noticed this on the web today. Never saw any of her films. I had been so timid and shy even in my late teens, that it wouldn't have crossed my mind to go and watch such a film. Strangely she and I are about the same age, but my, what different young lives we  lived!

I do remember that the lads could be heard discussing these films and they seemed to enjoy them.

Terribly sad, and her whole life story indeed; I was a great fan, wasn't she hot at the time?!, little did I realise that she was banned in France for 6 months or that the film was heavily cut, censored, and the final version was not released until 2007, haven't seen that, anyone know if it is available? I might buy it as a celebration of her life![Www]

By today's standards the original Emmanuelle film, even the uncut version, is very tame and nothing that you could not show on mainstream television after the watershed.

I forgot that the actress was Dutch and sad that she ended up so lonely in her final battle with cancer.

[quote user="Sprogster"]

I forgot that the actress was Dutch and sad that she ended up so lonely in her final battle with cancer.

[/quote]

Yes.  I remember her in Chariots of Fire, and had not remembered her "other" roles - though hubby certainly did!

It is indeed sad that she had a relatively unhappy life ... and died so young.  A beautiful face, sexy, yes, but so gentle with it.