Royal Hospital Nurse Hoax victim takes her own life

Frederick

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="Chiefluvvie"]...and still the compassion pours out from the complete france forum.....full of saints it would seem.....

You better hurry up and have your dinner and then you can pop down to the village stocks....

Chiefluvvie[/quote]

Your opinion is different from other people on here, but my goodness you do drip with vitriol to prove it.

[quote user="Chiefluvvie"]...and still the compassion pours out from the complete france forum.....full of saints it would seem..... You better hurry up and have your dinner and then you can pop down to the village stocks.... Chiefluvvie[/quote]

And when you have finished yours you can pop off to Mauritius. Actually I am surprised with your comments here you are waiting till February. I would have thought you would be extra keen to get away from us all. [:D]

[quote user="Quillan"]

[quote user="Chiefluvvie"]...and still the compassion pours out from the complete france forum.....full of saints it would seem..... You better hurry up and have your dinner and then you can pop down to the village stocks.... Chiefluvvie[/quote]

And when you have finished yours you can pop off to Mauritius. Actually I am surprised with your comments here you are waiting till February. I would have thought you would be extra keen to get away from us all. [:D]

[/quote] Quillan dear - do try and steer away from personal attacks - I thought you were a Moderator? Smacks of - ''you can say whatever you like, and hurt whoever you like - but I can't'' - you'll simply delete my posts. Pretty fair eh ? Chiefluvvie

[quote user="Chiefluvvie"]Gardengirl

A forum is a place for diverse opinions and discussion - nothing wrong with that. It's a shame it so obviously makes you feel uncomfortable when challenged.

I see a lot of 'we' and very little 'I' whereas, in my posts, I am more than happy to own MY opinions.

Chiefluvvie[/quote]

An interesting comment; I'm not at all uncomfortable when challenged - a forum is indeed a place for diverse opinions and discussion, but your vitriol isn't discussion. I've checked my posts and see the use of 'I' quite a lot, and 'we' hardly at all. I'm extremely content to post my opinions, although unlike some around here I can and do modify them if circumstances warrant it. Nor do I need to stress 'my' in capital letters - I know my worth without shouting it out to all and sundry.

I noted a comment during one of the interviews with the two hoaxers -

''Brady: When you did call them and you

were talking – first to Jacintha and then the second nurse – did you think in

the days after: "Oh those poor nurses, wonder how they're feeling"?

Because I know I did, but I'm an

overly cautious person – I think everything through and through and through

Did you think for them at all, or were you just in that giddy sense?''

That is how many of us are in our lives - I and many, many others tend to consider other people before opening our mouths or committing ourselves to particular actions. Unlike some around here - yourself, for example. You seem to try to inflame any discussion, rather than just adding your comments. I imagine some people on the forum prefer to bow out of discussion because they are very wary of what comments you will come out with next. Maybe that's something you practice in your everyday life. Many others around here are/have been in caring/nurturing professions or are just that way naturally and have a different approach to life to you.

Gardengirl - I suggest you RECHECK your posts (including your last one) and consider speaking for yourself without the 'many of us', 'many others', 'I and many' - comfort blankets wrapped around you.

You also need to re read my original posts on this tragic subject - I tried to present a balanced and compassionate view for which I have been pilloried.

You only know about me those things I have chosen to disclose - my mistake as some of those things are now being used to attack me.

In terms of the two young presenters - gang mentality springs to mind...a shameful display of 'flog em and hang em!'

Chiefluvvie

[quote user="Chiefluvvie"]Gardengirl - I suggest you RECHECK your posts (including your last one) and consider speaking for yourself without the 'many of us', 'many others', 'I and many' - comfort blankets wrapped around you.

You also need to re read my original posts on this tragic subject - I tried to present a balanced and compassionate view for which I have been pilloried.

You only know about me those things I have chosen to disclose - my mistake as some of those things are now being used to attack me.

In terms of the two young presenters - gang mentality springs to mind...a shameful display of 'flog em and hang em!'

Chiefluvvie[/quote]

Actually, I read and re-read my post  - and I  couldn't keep claiming things just for myself; I/I/I, me/ me/me, and my/my/my don't come easily to those who aren't boastful about their attributes. It wasn't a post just about myself - that's why I wrote about 'many'. But I guessed that would be flung back at me - you're so easy to read!

'balanced and compassionate' - apparently these words have a different meaning to those I know.

By the way, those 'young' presenters are not what I would call young - to me anyone over the age of about 20 ought to be responsible for their words and actions; these wwre no teenagers, but aged 20+ and 30+ I understand - supposedly adults.

Can't we all accept that sh*t happens sometimes and just because a tradegy occurs we don't have to hang, draw and quarter someone who didn't intend the consequences

Yes, Sh*t happens, it's how you deal with it that counts and these two seem to either doing it badly all by themselves or they have been given poor advice.

Time for them to retire quietly for a few days or weeks, IMHO !

[quote user="Russethouse"]Can't we all accept that sh*t happens sometimes and just because a tradegy occurs we don't have to hang, draw and quarter someone who didn't intend the consequences

Yes, Sh*t happens, it's how you deal with it that counts and these two seem to either doing it badly all by themselves or they have been given poor advice.

Time for them to retire quietly for a few days or weeks, IMHO ![/quote]

I couldn't agree more !

Chiefluvvie

I am at a loss as to what Chiefluvvies posts are adding to this thread.

People posting here are expressing their opinions or perceived opinions that they agree with.

Or should we only post what CL agrees with - do stop taking people to task as you are doing.

[quote user="Mr Ceour de Lion II"]Has anyone mentioned what should happen to the station's editor and lawyers at all? After all, both these parties were happy for the recorded "joke" to be broadcast.
[/quote]I am sure there are some who believe they should be boiled in oil or perhaps crucified on world wide television preferably before a trial with the jury drawn from the more self-righteous members of the community[:D]

[quote user="Mr Ceour de Lion II"]Has anyone mentioned what should happen to the station's editor and lawyers at all? After all, both these parties were happy for the recorded "joke" to be broadcast.
[/quote]

Unfortunately Richard, corporate responsibility seems to disappear before it gets to the top,

[quote user="Chiefluvvie"]emmm ....pot, kettle, black PaulT! And your post added what exactly ? Got any comment to make on the hoax call by any chance? This is beginning to feel like a vendetta...... Chiefluvvie[/quote]

Yes, I have posted previously BUT I have not criticised what others have posted. What have your postings criticising others added?

[quote user="just john "]What kind of culture patronises these moronic hoax calls? worse yet when these dysfunctional people portray themselves as victims with cringeworthy scripted rehearsed 'interviews'...[/quote]

That's roughly how I feel about it...

[quote user="Russethouse"]Please can we keep to the topic and keep away from the personal comments. We are all entitled to a view, and while others may have a different viewpoint it's not helpful to criticise others just because their view is different to yours.[/quote]

To add that if you have a complaint about a thread or post and it's content to use the report button. Also, if you read the Code of Conduct, the discussion of the running of the forum is in general not allowed in open forum and such posts will be deleted, you should follow the reporting guidelines or contact the moderators direct. I have provided links below in case anyone has forgotten.

Code of Conduct HERE

Forum Owner (Admin) HERE

Contacting a Moderator direct HERE