Cooperlola

cooperlola2

Just a brief note to say that it is 12 months, pretty much to the minute, since I lost Deb. As I've said before, this forum - and therefore you - meant a great deal to her over several difficult years. It's good for me to know you are still there, even if I'm a rather poor visitor.

Take care, everyone.

Ian

XXX

Hi Ian, good to hear from you, I was trying to look back as I thought it must be close to that day :-(

I no longer shout hello Coop's as I pass by Le Mans, I pass by in a somber mood usually thinking about the fun and postings.  The forum is still poorer without Debs.

I know that Cooperlola is often in the minds of people on the forum, Ian. I did a search here for something a couple of days ago, and she popped up on it with cheerful helpfulness. I bless her when that happens, and think of you as well. This forum is the poorer since she died. At such times I'm reminded of her Itchy Feet tour, when some of us met up for that lovely lunch at Bergerac, then on to delicious cakes and more chat at Rose and Grey Man's house. She was an interesting, endlessly helpful and brave lady with a touch of bolshieness. I wish you well, Ian, particularly today.

[quote user="gardengirl "]I know that Cooperlola is often in the minds of people on the forum, Ian. I did a search here for something a couple of days ago, and she popped up on it with cheerful helpfulness. I bless her when that happens, and think of you as well. [/quote]

Exactly what happens to me too, GG.

Hope life has settled into a routine for you now, Ian, and that all goes well with animals various.

Thinking of you today, Ian - it must be very hard. How Debs remained so up beat and cheerful after going through everything that happened I find hard to imagine! She certainly left her mark on the forum and will not be forgotten. Please come on to the Forum now and again and let us know how you are.

I had lunch with two former forum members on Tuesday. We were talking about Cooperlola with admiration as usual.

We were hoping that you were managing to adapt to your new life.

I hope you find it comforting that she is remembered with such affection by so many.

Hoddy

Is it really a year?

Debs was really exceptional, I expect you already know that as her husband . Her fighting spirit and outgoing nature.

She's still very much missed, taken from us too soon, but we should follow her example.

Bon courage Ian.

• 1 month later...

Afternoon all! Just checking in to say hi.

I was nosing through a few old threads on here earlier, and it is a delight to find Deb's writings, logical, passionate without being dismissive. So proud to have been the man in her life.

Little bits of news : My Form S1 has arrived! Tomorrow I take it down to CPAM in Le Mans and hope they recognise it for what it is! because I was a bit - no, a lot - late in registering my earnings at the Hotel des Impots, CPAM have been on at me to provide the assessment they assumed I already had. Since I'm 65 in three weeks time, it won't matter a lot now, but I have finally heard from the taxman and it's a surprise - I seem to be paying a lot less!

I've had a bit of work done on the house - all external woodwork painted - and hope to get the upstairs bathroom done before long. I don't need it, but it adds to the value and makes it nicer if I ever invite visitors!

I had 10 days in Blighty at the end of last month. The weather was lousy (That's the delicate word for it) and I had a cold (expletive deleted there, too!) but I saw a few friends - and implausibly bumped into several former colleagues on a funny little railway in Snowdonia!

The house is still full of Deb's stuff - we were always good consumers - but I have whittled down the clothes a bit. It's the 1000+ DVDs that remain a puzzle, since I would want to keep about 5 of them. Then there are the Fairport Convention CDs, DVDs and above all tee-shirts. the market for such in France may be limited, I fear. Oh, and Deb's voice is still on the answerphone - so she calls out every time some call-centre tries us.

Anyway, the headline is I'm ok-ish. Loneliness is not really a factor yet, may never be, I suspect. Motivation can be lacking some days - but then I was always impressively lazy, so no real change there, either.

I wish the Forum well, and hope the members continue to discuss and debate as vigorously as Deb did, in the fashion that she so enjoyed among you all.

Take care!