Help please urgent

Loiseau

Woolybana here: been locked out of the forum and she with talons of steel is letting me squat her ipad until a solution can be found to get back on either the ipad or the PC.

Thus far I have tried old passwords, new passwords, old identities, cookie clearing, swearing, chucking rabid Scotsmen round the room and supplication. NOTHING works.

Any ideas please. No wonder we lose members!

Last time that happened to me Russethouse sorted it out for me. I cannot remember how I contacted her though.

Surely a mod will see this and sort it out for you. I shall rake through my accounts and if I can find one, email RH  about this.

[quote user="Loiseau"]Woolybana here: been locked out of the forum and she with talons of steel is letting me squat her ipad until a solution can be found to get back on either the ipad or the PC. Thus far I have tried old passwords, new passwords, old identities, cookie clearing, swearing, chucking rabid Scotsmen round the room and supplication. NOTHING works. Any ideas please. No wonder we lose members![/quote]stop molesting my countrymen. You'll get negative karma if they are ill[:D]

I have had this problem in the past and the only cure seems to be to wait a while and then try to login again. Remember that you need to use the email address you originally set up the account with. Good luck

[quote user="Loiseau"]Woolybana here: been locked out of the forum and she with talons of steel is letting me squat her ipad until a solution can be found to get back on either the ipad or the PC.

Thus far I have tried old passwords, new passwords, old identities, cookie clearing, swearing, chucking rabid Scotsmen round the room and supplication. NOTHING works.

Any ideas please. No wonder we lose members![/quote]

WoolyB,

I've sent you an email... Please check :)

<<Any ideas please. No wonder we lose members>>

Once apon a year we had fun here...then the blue rinse internet police moved in, wrinklies who can type, who are expert on all subjects...bored old biddies who jump down the throats of folk who don't fit the criteria. Second home owners who visit once or twice a year wondering if they can use their kettle or if the plumbing is rocket science etc etc.

Pull this forum Archant, it died a long time ago.

Chris

[quote user="chrishead"]

<<Any ideas please. No wonder we lose members>>

Once apon a year we had fun here...then the blue rinse internet police moved in, wrinklies who can type, who are expert on all subjects...bored old biddies who jump down the throats of folk who don't fit the criteria. Second home owners who visit once or twice a year wondering if they can use their kettle or if the plumbing is rocket science etc etc.

Pull this forum Archant, it died a long time ago.

Chris

[/quote]

I liked it better on here before the format changed.

No idea what fitting a criteria is though. And bored old biddies, nowt wrong with being old, the alternative is rather less attractive nez pah! [:-))]

This forum offers a lot of pleasure to a lot of people, besides being a treasury of knowledge. True, it is not as virulent as it was, but then we have the daily mess of French politics for that.

But then there is always Norman if you wanna row!

By the way, Chris, I seem to remember that you were given a lot of support and help when you were having the odd little difficulty.

I think he's just miffed cos all his groupies have gone, Wooly. Clearly, those of us who were here long before he arrived the first time (and have managed fine during his protracted absence) are - in his opinion, at least, not entitled to continue here, by virtue of our (perceived) age, location and ability to boil a kettle. Or whatever. Lovely man, still.

[quote user="You can call me Betty"]...by virtue of our (perceived) age, location and ability to boil a kettle. Or whatever. [/quote]

I don't think he's exactly a spring chicken himself... he always seemed quite middle-aged and that was years ago...

However, I suppose this may be a faux Chris Head intent on mischief... though I can't see why anyone, real or fake, should think it's mischievous or witty to prattle on about blue rinses...