Who To Believe?

DraytonBoy

I'm not being funny, but when I saw them speaking on the tele I felt like turning the sound down, as if I cannot hear them, then I cannot hear any lies.

I am very concerned about french recovery, for if I have little time for UK politicans, then I concede that there have been efforts to do something. Whereas in France, I see nothing apart from strikes. OK I know how the french strike in all it's colours, but at the moment, it feels like lunacy to be striking and the politicans doing nothing.

edit, NH, I have just managed to open that link, and it is fair enough. Things that have been said and written about for quite some time, nice to see them in one place.

Here's my take on the two likely candidates next May.

Cameron - looks and sounds like a PM but yesterday's promises seem unachievable given the Tories desire to eliminate the deficit. He will however never lose the Posh Boy tag and no matter how well the UK is doing a lot of the general public will never trust him on principle.

Miliband - looks unelectable (as a PM) but the Manifesto pledges are a return to Labour principles. However some of the ideas like the Mansion Tax are too complicated to implement and will not bring in anything like the revenue forecast.

Having watched some of the speeches from the conferences my pet hate is the constant slagging off of the other parties. No wonder people hate politics and politicians.

I agree with your general conclusions (I do not formally or actually support either party) but I fear that Cameron is actually severely rattled by UKIP. In consequence he, basically a centrist proEuropean, is moving his policies to the right in order to counter UKIP.

In the UK, general elections are won in the centre ground (qv Kinnock). Cameron runs the risk of making Labour appear more centrist than it really is.

I agree entirely about the constant slagging off, especially when it appears to be personal.

I don't like Cameron and I don't trust Milliband. Where does that leave me?

I have spoken to my local labour candidate, as by nature I am to the 'left', but was singularly unimpressed. Why would I vote for someone who seems 'wet' with a leader I have no confidence in.

No idea how I shall vote next time. It is worrying.

[quote user="idun"]I don't like Cameron and I don't trust Milliband. Where does that leave me?

I have spoken to my local labour candidate, as by nature I am to the 'left', but was singularly unimpressed. Why would I vote for someone who seems 'wet' with a leader I have no confidence in.

No idea how I shall vote next time. It is worrying.

[/quote]

You could try tossing a coin but the more cynical amongst us might say that you would need a double headed one [6]