Saturday the 13th of September...

Rose

Hi Yonner - so glad to hear you made it ... sorry to hear about the hiccups along the way but glad you got to Santiago!

I would do it again in a heartbeat but sadly I just dont have the time in April.  I am going to try and squeeze 16 days out of the holiday for walking and Greyman will join me for the last 6 days.   I didn't start at St Jean last time (I walked from Roncesvalles) so I would like to start there and just see how far I get.  I'm happy walking 20-25km a day so I hope I can get into a routine that means I stay in different towns and villages... I'm confident that I can but I'm not going to plan anything.

Interesting about Via de la Plata... someone else has told me its not so pretty. I've got plenty of time to decide... the main thing is for me to plan to take the 6 weeks out... but already looking forward to it.

Well done to you both and as you say it is pretty fantastic!

p.s.  I was blonde but am now copper... but maybe blonde again in April [Www]

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello fellow walkers and pilgrims... just a quick update to say that I'm walking the camino frances again from Saturday and I'll be trying to keep my blog up to date... if anyone is interested.

I'm starting in St Jean and weather permitting hope to get to Roncesvalles and carry on to Burgos.  I can only do 2 weeks this time but may be able to come back and finish in October.

[:D]

BC from us too Rose. Very envious.... that whole section, from the introduction at Orrisson and the scenery of the Pyrenees and Navara (?) was fabulous, and to top it off we had a great night and fond memories of the tapas bars in Burgos. Hope you enjoy it just as much.