Clarkson suspended by BBC

Rabbie

Well it would seem that the 'other two' have not renewed their contracts and the producer has also left the show. The BBC live shows have had their BBC branding replaced and will now be called "Clarkson, Hammond and May", could this be the name of the new show that they allegedly will be making for Netflix? Meanwhile the BBC is on the verge of announcing its new Top Gear 'Dream Team' which includes Jodie Kidd, Philip Glenister and Channel 4 presenter Guy Martin. I will of course watch it out of curiosity but it can't possibly be the same. As a side issue one of our guests who left today was at the same school the same time as Clarkson and said he was always a bit of a pratt even back then but a very intelligent pratt he said.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me it just shows the way that those in charge of the BBC have not understood.

Just after this fiasco, Fifth Gear had lots and lots of adverts saying it was on, prime time too. Would I watch, nope, not keen on cars in general, I just liked that rare comedy of Top Gear.

Clarkson said that the manager had not been to blame, well actually who was? Or is it, people can no longer be bothered to make sure every last thing is done and then no one is to blame because they didn't cover every eventual situation. Job not done and no one realises or worse, cares.

We had visitors last week, not sure when they were arriving and I did what I always do. Made sure that there was food available, hot and cold, if they wanted it. I always do that. People arriving anytime after 8pm even 9pm might fancy hot or cold or nothing or just a biscuit and a piece of cake. That is what I do at home. That is what I always do at home. Even if they get here in the early hours, there will be a meal if they want.

I read somewhere that Clarkson had just been told he had a lump somewhere that may well have been cancer but they wouldn't know for a few days. His mother had just died and I think there was 'trouble at home' but then what do you expect if the woman who is your manager, wife and mother of your kids is dumped for a 'newer model' thats a few years younger. Doesn't make hitting the bloke right but sometimes when you have all that going on and something happens that is not really life or death that makes you snap. It has probably happened to many of us at one time or another and accumulates in a bit of a shouting match but never goes any further. In his case, sadley, it did. Don't get me wrong I am not defending him just offering an explanation of how it may have come about.

Patf, you are welcome anytime you are up here.

I don't believe it matters what Clarkson thought he had wrong with him, he has form, he hit Piers Morgan, if anything, wasn't he applauded for that?????

And everyone should do their jobs properly and think them out and cover all bases.

I think Guy Martin will be good on Top Gear; he's up for any challenge and is also a really nice person (well, that's how he comes across on TV). There had been a rumour that Sue Perkins (from Bake-Off) was going to be offered a presenting role - and she apparantly got death threats for that!

• 1 month later...

Gosh it's turning into a book this with more twists and turns than a good thriller.

First we had

Jeremy Clarkson gives Chris Evans Tips (filmed as part of TFI anniversary show last Friday)

(Note the absolute denial by Chris Evans that he had been even asked to be the host)

Then we had

Chris Evans to host Top Gear

And now we have

BBC asked Clarkson back

and if you want to become a Top Gear presenter

Top Gear co-presenter auditions to be open to the public

Meanwhile it has been reported that all three ex presenters will be working for Netflix in a show called simply Clarkson, Hammond and May.

No idea why I would watch Chris Evans and co. Never listened to him or watched him, and he is 'readily' available on radio and tv. And I don't, want was it Nick Nolte, or any of the others that seem to be on every program these days.

It is like 5th Gear, saw a bit of it and not for me at all.

Saw the start of an old TG the other evening and I just know why that program was a must watch for me. Wondering what these three unlikely odd fellas would be up to next, what scrapes they would get themselves into. And what fabulously beautiful places, or simply what I considered very interesting places they would be filming in. They just got it right. The world wide viewing figures proved it.

I may be wrong, I often am, but I cannot see the BBC selling this new program all over the world, well maybe for one season. And that is a loss of £70million isn't it, which could go on lots of other programs, and if they made them well enough which could also be sold.