Clarkson suspended by BBC

Rabbie

[quote user="Théière"]I don't recall that other petrol head , two jags Prescott being done by the police for assault or losing his job![/quote]

But he is a politician, different rules apply. Just like Smith you have to wait till he is dead then look surprised.

Actually Prescot was on the (betting odds) list but not anymore. Chris Evens is now in first place knocking Jodie Kidd down to second. My favourite (as in who I would like to see do it), Eddie Jordan, is number nine.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moi, [:D]hots for JC, not at all.  Not my sort of bloke.

At the

moment I doubt much of what I read or is reported. And as I have said, I

have mixed with 'stars', not as famous as JC, but never the less ,when

they act all 'diva' what is that? One could call it bullying or

blackmail, but I don't, even though their caprices are

incredible......... and yet it isn't me who goes on to perform.

And

the NY police, well that is for North Yorkshire, not helas New York,

well, I won't hold my breath. I was wondering last night, if the police

can read or even watch tv or listen to radio. From the beginning an

assault was mentioned, so why did  they not get involved. This would be a

police matter and actually nothing to do with what the BBC did, at all.

I shall keep an eye on this.And now I am bored with it.

My wild guess is that the producer involved will be reluctant to press charges, as from what I have read he is keen to put this matter behind him, come out of hiding and get back to work, which would be difficult to do if criminal charges against Clarkson keeps this in the headlines for months, fuelling further undeserved hatred of the producer by the lunatic fringe of Top Gear supporters.

Also the producer would risk creating the perception he was twisting the knife as Clarkson has suffered enough and is not a well man.

[quote user="Hoddy"]Just for the sake of accuracy we should remember that Prescott was retaliating to an assault.

He is a real rough diamond unlike the posh pretend one that is Clarkson.[/quote]

Oh, that's alright then so long as it was retaliation from a memebr of the government setting an example of how to behave.

Conspiracy theory #1

All a cunning plot by Clarkson and his merry sidekicks to get out of their contracts with maximum exposure before accepting a lucrative offer from Sky channel.

If the "Top Gear" name and logo are owned by the BBC then what title the new adventures ?

Answers on a postcard to win your £5 (joke)[Www]

[quote user="halfblind"]Conspiracy theory #1
All a cunning plot by Clarkson and his merry sidekicks to get out of their contracts with maximum exposure before accepting a lucrative offer from Sky channel.
If the "Top Gear" name and logo are owned by the BBC then what title the new adventures ?
Answers on a postcard to win your £5 (joke)[Www]
[/quote]

Top Gear (err no), Fifth Gear (well they could go there) or how about Sky Gear?

He would make an inspiring teacher and should be applauded for wanting to do something so selfless and turning his back on chasing the millions.

Why would you want to criticise him, let alone for that?

Your link goes to a posting of another forum user.

take away the big names and personalities and just see it as what it is:

A successful salesman insults, berates and punches a subordinate who, in his oh-not-so-modest opinion, has not done his job properly.

Would all those who signed the petition actually agree that being punched in the course of their job at the whim of an irate (drunk?) colleague is fine, "coz, ya know, he's Top Dog"?

[quote user="Chancer"]

He would make an inspiring teacher and should be applauded for wanting to do something so selfless and turning his back on chasing the millions.

Why would you want to criticise him, let alone for that?

Your link goes to a posting of another forum user.

[/quote]

Strange. Amended.

[quote user="vette"]Gluestick.

You forgot the very long model railway track programme. He even ran his own Hornby model of the Flying Scotsman loco along it.

As a fan of steam loco's myself, he gets my vote![/quote]

So, do a programme all about building a decent scale steamer from basics: as a keen model engineering chum has been doing for the past few years.

He has made nearly everything himself. Problem now is to find a track on which to run it.

And a crane to hoist it onto his trailer!

[quote user="Hoddy"]If he was serious about being a teacher I'm sure he would be welcomed. They like someone who can play the piano in primary schools.

Hoddy[/quote]

If pianoforte is the major requirement, then it's no wonder kids cannot spell, read and write.....

I speak as an ex-co-opted County Council Secondary School Governor.

[quote user="Clair"]take away the big names and personalities and just see it as what it is:

A successful salesman insults, berates and punches a subordinate who, in his oh-not-so-modest opinion, has not done his job properly.

Would all those who signed the petition actually agree that being punched in the course of their job at the whim of an irate (drunk?) colleague is fine, "coz, ya know, he's Top Dog"?[/quote]

Couldn't agree more, Clair.

The crowd pleasing aspect, owing to the venal money men behind all of this "Bread and Circuses" has resulted in appalling behaviour, such as tennis "stars" spitting and hawking and insulting referees, footballers biting each other and etc.