Norman

PaulT

To clear Pickles' name I should make it clear that his emails concerned surreptitious moonlight fits with white vans full of furniture manned by immigrant labour from a highly secret and sensitive location in Montpellier towards the mountain passes of the Pyrénées..

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="NormanH"]To clear Pickles' name I should make it clear that his emails concerned surreptitious moonlight fits with white vans full of furniture manned by immigrant labour from a highly secret and sensitive location in Montpellier towards the mountain passes of the Pyrénées..

[/quote]

Gee thanks, NH! And just I was getting used to not being stopped and searched at the Chunnel and "controles" by les douanes.

Sorry that you had to have a second emergency operation Norman, I know all too well that it can set you back again. Hope the procedure was carried out via keyhole and not open surgery, my 8 inch scar is healing nicely but it has left a dent in my tummy!

Are you back on solids yet, or is it just water or those pesky compotes?

Really wishing you a speedy recovery Norman and hope you return home as soon as possible, although I must admit to being slightly jealous about the sea view, I had to look across at another block of wards at Bordeaux.

[quote user="Pickles"][quote user="mint"]are you really pickled,  at this time of day?

[/quote]

If it was good enough for Winston Churchill, then it's good enough for the rest of us ...

[/quote]

I have to admit though that I can't think of anything I'd like about being pickled in a barrel![:-))]

[quote user="Grecian"]Sorry that you had to have a second emergency operation Norman, I know all too well that it can set you back again. Hope the procedure was carried out via keyhole and not open surgery, my 8 inch scar is healing nicely but it has left a dent in my tummy!

Are you back on solids yet, or is it just water or those pesky compotes?

Really wishing you a speedy recovery Norman and hope you return home as soon as possible, although I must admit to being slightly jealous about the sea view, I had to look across at another block of wards at Bordeaux.[/quote]

Yes keyhole for the second....but then a bloody pulmonary embolism so have asked to have a stay at the sea side to recover in a nursing home [:)]

[quote user="NormanH"]

Yes keyhole for the second....but then a bloody pulmonary embolism so have asked to have a stay at the sea side to recover in a nursing home [:)]

[/quote]

Ye Gods! At that rate you'll be needing a season ticket for the bed. Bon rétablissement!

Good grief, Norman, pulmonary embolism doesn't sound too clever.  I thought that nowadays they routinely give you blood-thinning substances to  prevent such complications post op?

Or do I mean mind-altering substances?  Is that what you've been taking and would that have accounted for your very cheerful and up-beat mood?

Gosh you really are going through it Norman, it's a good job that they picked up the embolism and have operated to remove it. I will have my last blood thinning injection tomorrow. I have been injected everyday for 11 weeks now, I thought it to be a bit OTT, but I think I will review my opinion if it has prevented an embolism.

Enjoy you stay by the sea side.

I understand that if they give Norman too much warfarin his teeth grow very pointy, he gets whiskers and a tail ,,,,, the rest we will not mention., except that mothers should lock up their daughters.

Norman, you can't be ill in the summer, it is far too nice a season. Get the heck out of that place asap.

Haven't been here in quite some time, but was looking in and saw this thread.  Norman I wish you a speedy recovery.  It sounds like you have really been through a lot.  I hope you are back home and feeling better very soon.

Hi Wooly and Idun.  I don't want to hijack Norman's thread, but I wanted to let you know that I had emailed Wooly (email from this forum) and PM'd Idun, but got replies back that my emails were not deliverable.  So, I presume neither of you received them...  Not sure why.

So, two weeks of your sentence still to serve. Well, it will soon be over. But how long will you have to wear the tag for; last time it was a couple of years wasnt it.

And, from another thread, my dear Norman, I see that you are a Telegraph reader, which I have always suspected! Good choice of paper, honest, open, objective......

And by the way, what makes you think the mossies would be interested in you when there is much younger meat about!

In contrast to Wooly's post, here is a serious one.............hope the ozone or whatever healing properties the seaside is meant to have does you good, that you will be well rested and recuperated for your return to home sweet barrel.