6N 2016

Gardian

Here we go again!

I just can't see us losing vs Scotland to tomorrow - surely, surely not (??)

France vs Italy - foregone conclusion, but how will the French look?

Ireland vs Wales - who knows? Wales though, on balance.

No work tomorrow, nor on the coming weekends.

Both matches very much so-so.

A more than dodgy forward pass for France's last try + a dubious penalty against Parisse saw them through.

Eng vs Sc ? It was hard to get excited by it - as so often, just a slogging match. Unimpressed by Ford. Haskell had a good game, but doubt that he'll get much praise.

Hope for better tomorrow.

Best match of the weekend and a (fair) draw suits us down to the ground !!!

Sexton was good, but he gets targeted big time. As usual, crocked near the end.

Priestland did really well IMO. Coming on after 20 mins, kicked well, and could have won the game. I really like Tipuric too - wish he was English! He'd start in every game for us.

If you were French, you'd be in despair wouldn't you? A dire match and another dire performance. They just about deserved to nick it.

Wales vs Scotland? You just knew that Wales would come on stronger in the final 20 mins. One day, the Scots are going to turn over one of the stronger sides - glad that we've got them out of the way.

Us vs Italy tomorrow? It may well not be particularly pretty. 9 - 25 to us.

Quite a good match .......... and not just because of the result.

Hard to choose a MOTM for me - I'd probably say Farrell. This 10 / 12 combination seems to be working well.

So, where from here? Wales to beat France, I hope & expect.

Scotland to win in Rome, but it could easily go the other way.

Us to beat Ireland. We're just better this year + they have injuries.

"If you were French, you'd be in despair wouldn't you? A dire match and another dire performance."

You obviously don't watch French news. The 20h bulletin on TV2 was crowing about winning saying that it was the "renaissance" of the French team under the new manager..[:-))]

You're right Norman, I don't watch French News bulletins.

However .......... a slight case of myopia in their part. Lucky not to lose vs Italy and (arguably) again vs Ireland.

They'll improve of course, but IMO neither of their half backs would make any of the 'home nation' teams and therein lies their problem.

In fact, how many of the current French team would get in to a Northern Hemisphere XV? Few, if any.

BTW, I'd have said the same about England at the end of the 2015 6N, but it has all changed now.

• 2 weeks later...
I have a feeling that I'm talking to myself here ......... but for the moment, I'll carry on!

Wales vs France - not exactly a great spectacle. All that stuff that Norman posted about a French 'renaissance' is of course complete rowlocks. The biggest problem is that the Welsh are starting to believe that they could beat us at Twickenham ......... and they could well be right.

Italy vs Scotland - a fair result between the 2 weakest sides. I can somehow see Scotland winning at least one of their remaining fixtures (vs France h, & Ireland a)

England vs Ireland - the score line was about right. Without the Irish pre-match injuries? Sexton looks knocked about sadly.

Two weeks time? Sco to beat Fr, Ire to beat Italy, Us to edge it vs Wales .......... I hope !!!

• 2 weeks later...
[quote user="Gardian"]

Two weeks time? Sco to beat Fr, Ire to beat Italy, Us to edge it vs Wales .......... I hope !!![/quote]

Congratulations Gardian on a correct forecast on all 3 games.

Congratulations to England on winning the championship. I will be very surprised if they don't win the triple crown next week.

[quote user="Pierre ZFP"]Don't forget that the England 6N Women's team is on for the Grand Slam too

[/quote]

Do they knit or crochet their strip do you know [:-))] France beat them [:(]

Well done to the bloques though. Shame it took an antipodean to guide them though [:-))] but at least he smiles ..

Just a few personal thoughts on the competition:

+'ves

1. Itoje

2. North's return to form

3. The rehabilitation of Robshaw & Haskell

4. The silence in Dublin when either side is kicking for goal (although this has always been the case)

5. Oh ....... and our great Grand Slam !!

-'ves

1. Only 1 French player would get even close to being considered for a 6N XV (Guirado)

2. No Lee Halfpenny - will he ever really get back?

3. Seeing a class player like Parisse look so hissed off at the end of another 50pt beating.

4. The certain delusion amongst some Welsh supporters that they were 'robbed' at Twickenham and are really de facto champions!

5. The TV presentation in Paris & Rome, where they refuse to house the presentation team in a sound-proofed box and you get some crazed P.A. drowning out what's being said and morons making faces at the camera.

I have to confess that we had to look up Guirado, as when we first heard his name thought that the english speakers were mucking up the name Giradot.  We were pleased to see that the commentators had it right[:D]